Shrops Event Update

ForumAnnouncement.jpg

Hi Everyone,

First of all here's the updated list of folks intending to come to the event; Currently a total of 155 people consisting of 111 big peeps and 44 little peeps :(:P:P

e97d89a9-f7d5-41ad-8a13-07c53c9a5317.jpg

Some of the above folks are day trippers only. We do ask that if you are intending to visit for the day could you please log this on the cache page along with the number in your party, the day(s) you will be attending and whether you would like to partake of the Hog Roast on the saturday night.

Thanks and we are looking forward to seeing you all there,

Martin, Lynn and, of course, Maddie :D:D:D

Where should we register intent for ancilliaries, such as participating in the pigout bit?

The size of the porker will need to be based on the number pigouters, so Team Maddie et al will need to know approximately how many knights and knightesses will be involved in the hogroast.

I'll help out by eating the HezBollah's attendees' share of the pork. I think that's the least a Crusading knight can do on behalf of the winning team :P

Where should we register intent for ancilliaries, such as participating in the pigout bit?

Please register any interest in the hogroast on the main cache page located HERE

The size of the porker will need to be based on the number pigouters, so Team Maddie et al will need to know approximately how many knights and knightesses will be involved in the hogroast.

This is very true. But, I believe the knightesses are Ladies.

I'll help out by eating the HezBollah's attendees' share of the pork. I think that's the least a Crusading knight can do on behalf of the winning team <_<

And we were so afraid that we would be stuck with it! Thanks for the offer.

Lynn

Edited by Team Maddie UK

Looks like we might be day trippers now as our tent and camping stuff are in transit from the Isle of Man after our car was written off while over there :huh:

We have a 3 bedroom 9 berth Gelert tent available if you are interested.

Its about 3-4 years old, had a reasonable amount of use but still in good condition with no tears or leaks, but slightly faded from exposure to sun as is normal. Can bring it along to Shrops event (arriving on Wednesday) and help with putting it up if needed. We don't want a lot for it as I'm sure its not worth a huge amount now (cost £299 when new) so if you're interested (or any one else for that matter) make us an offer.

I wish everyone would stop talking about this event as I'm sick of it because I can't make it! ;) My only consolation is that Rutson is in a similiar position to me and as much as he would like to be there, won't be able to make it either.

I am gutted that I'll be away and am sure everyone will have a great time at what looks like the UK biggest event to date. I'll have to resort to reading the logs to see what a good time everyone has while I missed it. ;) I won't even to be able drown my sorrows with a pint.

Sounds like it's going to be great event and hope all (which sounds like loads) enjoy it. :P:ph34r::P and wish I was there.

If I get chance to get over to Llanberris (I still want to do the snowdon micro series!) then I'll pop into the guy that makes Mead there too...

He's a great guy - loads of wine tasting, and he's very reasonable too... I always come out of there handing my car keys ovewr to someone else!

Edited because I can't type!!

Edited by HazelS

Many thanks for all the VERY generous offers we are now staying as planned in a borrowed tent with borrowed everything it feels.

We may have our stuff back from the Isle of Man by the time of the event but if not the hospitality and help offered by folks for the duration of the event is great ;):):o;);):)

Lynn hope we are on the list for a coin ??

Down close to the wire for this one now folks. So much to do and barely enough time to do it but we're trying hard. The numbers continue to increase with a total now of 176 people as of this evening. The list is....

2eea0865-c708-4085-835f-2ae707100494.jpg

Don't forget if you are logging your interest to please... please... let us know how many you are (adults and childrens), if you are camping, which nights you'll be there and last but not least wether you'll be partaking of the Saturday evening hog roast. The final day for registering your interest in the latter will be Monday morning as this is when we will be providing numbers to the jolly chap who is going to select the beastie and cook it for us all next weekend.

Thanks,

Martin, Lynn and, of course, Maddie

Myself and Isaac would like to come along probably for some time on the Saturday and also do the local caches while we are in the area.

What's the format for day visitors - is there a meeting place like pub or something as we'd feel a bit awkward hanging round a campsite with all the people in their own tents?

I've checked the cache page but cannot see any information on this.

Day visitors are more than welcome and we look forward to seeing many.

There will be a couple of marquees set up on site for courses, socializing, and of course the hog roast. I don't know of any pubs in the area that could handle a crowd this large so most will be done on site. Although we do expect groups to frequent local establishments. The nearest to the campsite is hosting a wedding on the Saturday, so will not be available.

So come along and socialize, trade stories and strategies and swap some Travel Bugs.

Lynn

Our new caches (7) + Jim Stablers new one (1) will be enabled tomorrow night so that folks can do their PQ's before they leave. Also Team180 put out 7 new ones which are already in place and the Mayos are rumoured to be putting out possibly another 6. This makes a possible total of 21 new caches ready for the event!

Current numbers attending as as follows...

13b2e65f-58b6-439d-a43c-6f839c58f08c.jpg

Looking forward to seeing you all in a couple of days,

Martin, Lynn and Maddie

Our new caches (7) + Jim Stablers new one (1) will be enabled tomorrow night so that folks can do their PQ's before they leave. Also Team180 put out 7 new ones which are already in place and the Mayos are rumoured to be putting out possibly another 6. This makes a possible total of 21 new caches ready for the event!

Current numbers attending as as follows...

13b2e65f-58b6-439d-a43c-6f839c58f08c.jpg

Looking forward to seeing you all in a couple of days,

Martin, Lynn and Maddie

184 peeps, that is awesome, and a GREAT time seems to have been had by all, magic and well done Team Maddie UK :):):)

Ecky

PS Last event I went to (a week ago last Thursday to be precise) 5 of us turned up and a GREAT time was had by all :laughing::P:P

I trust everyone had a MEGA fun time.

MEGA thanks to team Maddie UK for all their MEGA efforts.

:P:P:) !!

So maybe

Maddie's

Event

Gets

Accepted !!

Congrats to Martin, Lynn and Maddie for the best event yet. They even managed to arrange their own balloon festival - although having marquee and tent shaped balloons blowing into the hills was just showing off I thought :laughing: