GPSMap 60C WP Help

teepeeayy

My buddy and I each have a GPSMap 60C. We have an operational difference that I'd like to understand.

If I hit Find-->Waypoint, I get a list of all my waypoints and the keyboard shows up at the bottom to allow me to search alphabetically.

If he hits Find-->Waypoint, he does not get all his waypoints listed. He has to hit Menu and search by Symbol type.

I could not find a difference in our set up, so is there a way to change his to list all the waypoints alphabetically just like mine?

My buddy and I each have a GPSMap 60C. We have an operational difference that I'd like to understand.

If I hit Find-->Waypoint, I get a list of all my waypoints and the keyboard shows up at the bottom to allow me to search alphabetically.

If he hits Find-->Waypoint, he does not get all his waypoints listed. He has to hit Menu and search by Symbol type.

I could not find a difference in our set up, so is there a way to change his to list all the waypoints alphabetically just like mine?

I have a 60c as well - and I too notice this occasional difference. In my experience, it is based on your frequent searches - that which determines the screen you get.

Maybe it is "intuitive" programming - that is, the software "remembers" your last behavior & presents your choice accordingly - I have other programs which do this -

Also - if you hit FIND twice, you WILL be presented with your last 50 finds - be they waypoints OR searches.

just a guess - :(

Yep. Take a look at questions 5 and 6 of the Waypoints section of the FAQ.

Nope, I checked. Find by Name same as mine.

We did solve the issue, although I don't know why. The next day were playing with it again, and he hit Find--> Find, which brings up all the recent finds. When we went back one screen, all the waypoints were listed. He didn't have to search by type any more.

I don't understand what we did, but we're good! Thanks for the feedback.