Adoption - I want to take care of a cache

Help - Today I visited a cache, BUT when I tried to log it I found it had been archive. The owners are moving out of the area and won't be able to take care of it. BUT it is a cache that many cachers say is their favorite. It would be so sad to lose it. Yes I could take the new spot and repopulate it with a new cache, but it would be really nice to keep the continuity of this cache.

The owner says they are willing to let me adopt. The cache is in good shape and still gets at least weekly visitors even though it is 4 years old.

How do we get the cache un-archive (It was only archive today)? AND then how do I adopt? Never tried this before so I don't know what to do, but I have seen other adopted caches in my area.

Thanks for your help

Edited by ClipperCreekWanderer

To unarchive a cache, ask your local reviewer. In this case, the owner will need to contact someone. Your caches were published by Krypton and Nomex. You should be able to contact them through thier profiles.

If the cache owner wants you to adopt the cache then they only need to go to www.geocaching.com/adopt and fill in the info.

Or, if you have the owners blessing... the easiest way to do it is to go to the location, swap out the log books (so it starts clean) and resubmit the cache listing. Granted, you won't gain someone elses history and you would have to build your own.

To unarchive a cache, ask your local reviewer. In this case, the owner will need to contact someone. Your caches were published by Krypton and Nomex. You should be able to contact them through thier profiles.

If the cache owner wants you to adopt the cache then they only need to go to www.geocaching.com/adopt and fill in the info.

Or, if you have the owners blessing... the easiest way to do it is to go to the location, swap out the log books (so it starts clean) and resubmit the cache listing. Granted, you won't gain someone elses history and you would have to build your own.

First the owner will need to contact their local reviewer to unarchive the cache, then they can use the adopt link to give it to the new owner.