Help needed. Explorist 210 error

I've had my explorist 210 for about 7-8 months now. The software is properly installed and I have had no problems transfering data untill now. I connected it tonight and it says 'USB Device Not Recognized" "One of the USB devices attatched to this computer has malfuntioned." When I go under the troubleshoot menu it says that the driver is not installed, however it is. It does not run the found new USB device/install new hardware wizard which is what it would do if the driver wasn't really installed. Also even without the driver I BELIEVE that I SHOULD be able to see it as an external drive and I can't even do that.

On another note I wanted to try unistalling and reinstalling the USB driver but I can't fint the CD. I swear I just saw it yesterday. Does anyone know how I can get a USB driver for an explorist 210 operating on a Windows XP system?

I have a HUGE caching trip planned this weekend so I'm going to start plugging in all those waypoints by hand now, any help is appreciated.

Try doing a system restore back to a time it was working. I had something similiar happen to me and the system restore fixed it. Good luck!

I've had my explorist 210 for about 7-8 months now. The software is properly installed and I have had no problems transfering data untill now. I connected it tonight and it says 'USB Device Not Recognized" "One of the USB devices attatched to this computer has malfuntioned." When I go under the troubleshoot menu it says that the driver is not installed, however it is. It does not run the found new USB device/install new hardware wizard which is what it would do if the driver wasn't really installed. Also even without the driver I BELIEVE that I SHOULD be able to see it as an external drive and I can't even do that.

On another note I wanted to try unistalling and reinstalling the USB driver but I can't fint the CD. I swear I just saw it yesterday. Does anyone know how I can get a USB driver for an explorist 210 operating on a Windows XP system?

I have a HUGE caching trip planned this weekend so I'm going to start plugging in all those waypoints by hand now, any help is appreciated.

I've seen that happen with mine one time.

You didn't say what you might have tried to diagnose/correct the problem.

What I did was unplug it, turn it off, turn it on, rebooted PC and plugged in again. No problems since. I think the driver just got confused.

You could try calling Magellan tech support. Rumor has it that the best time to call them is very early in their day. Keep us posted.