Nice treat at the end of a hunt :D

I was out with Fundyone looking for a cache at a local park. We were both with our kids. We were skunked on a cache on a dirty hill overlooking a lake. It was a somewhat boring hunt for the younger kids, since we were looking for a micro cache. A company was having a picnic at the park, but it was small and going on a ways away from our search. Fundyone left a bit before us and we stayed to take one last pass in our search. When we had given up and started walking to our car, we heard the sound of an ice cream truck. It was stopping by in the parking lot. The kids -of course - wanted ice cream after our long, hot, somewhat boring and definitely dirty search. Went to the car to get money and got in line. Most of the company picnic was through the line when we got in line. It turns out the company picnic had asked the ice cream truck to stop by for the their picnic. The company picnic was so nice to treat us to ice cream! :o What a nice treat to end a day of caching!

Team Fuelleman

We are total newbies, but are loving it!

Right when I first got into Geocaching (we're talking, finds you can count on one hand) we had a big event in the Ottawa area which involved a 24-hour caching blitz. I chose to go it alone, and go slowly, but along the way as I was driving around the city I did find this:

63ed8fe8-d1e9-4c95-9d8f-17580099165b.jpg

A local church had a "community day" and was giving out these FREE BBQ baby back ribs, catered by a fairly classy rib restaurant. Yum!

With food in belly, I was able to double my cache count that weekend :anicute: