Sign in to follow this  
Followers 1
swizzle

Human Travel Bugs?

I finally did it. I turned myself into a TB. Swizzle The Human Travel Bug. How many of us are out there? Do I have to log myself in and out of every cache I visit? Just wondering. Check out my bug sheet I got a weird pic of myself. I actually wear glasses which you don't see in the pic. I'm in the process of activating my wifey as a TB and maybe even my son. I just thought it was a cool idea and a great conversation piece when talking to other cachers. Swizzle

:o Great pic, even if it did scare me a little.

No sorry I made my shadow a TB so that probably doesn't count. I have heard rumors that someone did tattoo a tracking number on themselves, but I've never personally seen it.

You can log yourself through every cache, but just to warn you after a couple years it's a bit tedious.

Edited by BlueDeuce

I think this is starting to be a pretty cool thread. Any other human TB's out there? The shadow idea was pretty unique. Can't log you on a rainy day or at night then. Swizzle

sadly....I'm too large to fit into a cache container (I suppose if one had a blender and lots' of time...)

The idea is fun. I have seen vehicles of cachers as TB's. (I think Nicolo has his Jeep as one -- he even had the TB tag blown up to MASSIVE proportions as a window decal).

Get to many car TB's out there and we'll see geocachers wandering through walmart parking lot looking for car TB's. Are there any family TB's out there? Swizzle

Hmm, I have TheEgnixBug which I use to track my caching journeys, but I've never thought about letting other cachers "find" or "discover" me. Hmmm, I'll have to think about that. I'd hate for that to be abused have finding myself in caches I've never been to. :huh:

BTW, It's really cool to follow my caching journey on Google Earth...

I'm one. The tag is attached to my GPSr, but it is tracking my geocaching mileage and experiences. And if I happen to lose the GPSr, the tag can help a finder track me down if s/he wants to.

I loved the little 6 year old girl TB. I gotta buy another TB. I'm going to turn my son into a travel bugaboo. Swizzle

Here I am.....

I use the first one for cachers I meet.

one

I use this one to track the caches I have found.

two

I just created one.

003.jpg

Since I fractured my ankle I've turned myself into a Human TB to get visitors over. They have to sign the cast in order to make a discover on the TB. You can't grab or drop this TB my leg is still too tender. B)

55c85b76-ed4c-460e-95f7-a2d70e9a6147.jpg

You can view the TB Here: TBGX0V

And to make it hard on the geocachers, I've decided to Camo my crutches so nobody will see me:

f08c0960-555a-4816-8d29-7eb1f837d91f.jpg0bd13296-5b26-4f28-bcad-400f8bcded61.jpg

Okay, okay, so I have WAY too much time on my hands right now... :(

I'll probably release this TB in the wild with a miniature cast when the 6 weeks are done... B)

Edited by AV Dezign

Ouch! Sorry that happened to you. I hope lots of your local cachers "Discover" you so you have visitors.

I met this Human Travel Bug at an Event in Yuma, AZ. He had the TB tag design and number tatooed on his arm . . . eek.gif

After Geowoodstock 4 I became a travel bug. But I dont log myself in every cache. I do sometimes wear my TB as a necklace , cachers can recognize what it is.

l_18281df0f37f256e477c5743f94b7f26.jpg

Edited by cqdx

Hello all.Just had a TB Tattoo done and im wondering how to get the Human travel bug icon for it ? Can see a few of you guys have it but cant seem to find anywhere to obtain it from? pleeeeeeeese help..