Geocoin thiefs and non-loggers

C A Royal Flush

Does anyone have any ideas about how to get cachers to log their coin grabs? We have two coins that cachers grabbed and added log comments that they took them, but they won't log the coin grab. I have sent an email asking if they needed help logging the coin, and then a few days later I sent step-by-step instructions on how to log the coin, PLUS I explained that they get a nifty icon for each coin type that they find and log.

Any ideas? :D

Someone grabbed my geocoin months ago, and although they logged it, they never placed it back in the cache. I mean.. if they were going to keep it, then they should not have logged that they would "place it in a cache soon". It really pisses me off. In fact, so much that I haven't placed any of my other coins. I will give up one of them sometime, as an FTF prize when I get around to placing one. Anyways. Sorry for my rant, but this looked like a good place for it.

I'm new here and on my second cache (which was last week [:ph34r:]) I grabbed a coin. When I got home and went excitedly to log it in. I discovered that the coin had not been logged into this cache itself. The next day the person who placed the coin logged it in and emailed me. I then edited my log entry and went to log in the coin, I found that it now read "Last seen in the hands of Nooks" I figured that the person who emailed me logged in that I had taken it. I had no problem with that since I stated as much in the cache log. Maybe you all could do this as well?

Recently I have come across coin copies. I guess in an attempt to curb some of the coin mugglers, some owners took quality photos front and back of their coin enlarged to same size and then laminated them together as one (plastic) coin /w/ the trackable # clearly visible. This way others get to share in the coin and still collect the icon and the owner never loses a thing....better yet if it (the copy) seems to get lost the owner could simply re-issue a new copy. While I understand the benifit of this to the owner the ones I have found are excellent copies, they just don't have the same...."WOW" factor. But still a lot of real dollars are invested in these coins and owners have every right to protect that.