What should I do?

Pushkin

Hi, I wanted to ask the opinions of everyone here on what I should do about a problem in my area. I live in Antigonish County, Nova Scotia (a place most of you probalby haven't heard of), before today, no one had ever hidden a micro here, and before last week, nobody had ever hidden any kind of bad cache. The good caches here spawned many more good hiders and other good caches. It was probalby the only place in Nova Scotia that didn't have any bad caches, of course, I was proud of that, I planned an event here for tomorrow, so cachers could come and enjoy finding good caches in a good area, without any micros or park and grabs. But last week, there were to bad park and grabs hidden here, and today, the first MICRO! what I'd like to do is destroy all of them, but that's not allowed I know. So I need to know what I should do. Maybe someone here could retract them? or maybe I could get permission to trash them? I don't want any bad caches around here.

:D:D Ummm, these caches are bad by YOUR definition. Somebody likes to hunt them or else they would not have been hidden. Since YOU don't like these kinda caches is why YOU have an 'ignore listing' feature. A single cacher (or even a small group) making decisions on what types of caches are or are not acceptable for all cachers in an area is what should be banned, not the micros or park & grabs.

:D:D Ummm, these caches are bad by YOUR definition. Somebody likes to hunt them or else they would not have been hidden. Since YOU don't like these kinda caches is why YOU have an 'ignore listing' feature. A single cacher (or even a small group) making decisions on what types of caches are or are not acceptable for all cachers in an area is what should be banned, not the micros or park & grabs.

I am the only cacher in my area with over 300 finds, and I have more hides than everyone else combined, you could say I'm a big fish in a small pond. Anyway, my opinion matters around here and I make decisions. And the guy who hid the bad caches wasn't even from here, he was just draging bad Moncton NB caching into my county.

Edited by Pushkin

:wub::D Ummm, these caches are bad by YOUR definition. Somebody likes to hunt them or else they would not have been hidden. Since YOU don't like these kinda caches is why YOU have an 'ignore listing' feature. A single cacher (or even a small group) making decisions on what types of caches are or are not acceptable for all cachers in an area is what should be banned, not the micros or park & grabs.

I am the only cacher in my area with over 300 finds, and I have more hides than everyone else combined, you could say I'm a big fish in a small pond. Anyway, my opinion matters around here and I make decisions. And the guy who hid the bad caches wasn't even from here, he was just draging bad Moncton NB caching into my county.

:D

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

This is going to be an entertaing flame fest. Thanks for providing the entertainment.

Edited by Snoogans

:D:wub::D:D

That is the funniest statement I've read in here in a long time. I wish we could have it stickied so I could look at it and laugh whenever I wanted.

:D:wub::D:D

That is the funniest statement I've read in here in a long time. I wish we could have it stickied so I could look at it and laugh whenever I wanted.

The day I take the opinion of someone with 30 archived 1 star micro caches seriously is the day the Leafs win the Stanley Cup.

:D:D:D:D

His profile is equally entertaining!

Hey Pushkid, is your real name Roe Gordon?

I would certainly loooove to come to your event this weekend and watch you order your troops around. :D:D:D:wub:

The day I take the opinion of someone with 30 archived 1 star micro caches seriously is the day the Leafs win the Stanley Cup.

Thankfully, I'm a Sabres fan.

(Is this were I mention that I don't take the opinion of someone with 'only' 300 finds? I guess I'm too big of a person for that.)

Edited by sbell111

Well, since it is YOUR county, I guess you can do whatever you please. Perhaps you should put up "NO TRESPASSING" AND "NO LAME CACHES OR MICROS" signs all along the perimeter of YOUR county, but why on earth are you asking us what we think, since you "make decisions" for YOUR county!

:D

:wub::D:D:D

Take a look in my profile pushkid.... :D

:D:D:D:D

His profile is equally entertaining!

Hey Pushkid, is your real name Roe Gordon?

I would certainly loooove to come to your event this weekend and watch you order your troops around. :D:D:D:wub:

I'd love you to come too, so I could whoop your a**. Thread closed.

Well OK then ..... why are you asking for our opinions then Captain Decision Maker? Who put all these great caches in your area if you're the only one. You? Maybe there would be more cachers if there was a better diversity of cache types 'in YOUR area'. Oh sorry, YOUR county. In that case how on earth did it even get approved without your consultation by the local reviewer.

I tried to give a reasonable reply to a highly elitist and concieted question. Guess I should have stuck with 'Get over yourself.'

Thankfully, I'm a Sabres fan.

Even worse, they've never won it.

I'm a huge Bills fan, also.

I went to school with Thurman Thomas. :D:wub::D

:D:D:wub::D

Oh C'mon, that's got to happen again someday (soon?).

OK, I found the cache in question. It is indeed the worst of the worst. I quote it's eloquent 35 word cache description (complete with spelling errors) in it's entirety:

"it on a pole, stop and grab

there is a log sheet and it is in a black (film container 35 mm) please bring a pen or a pencil to sign log sheet thank you"

But the OP should know, that there is a strong contingent in these forums that will never admit that even this trash is of no redeeming value to the game. So just ignore the cache :D

Golly. I don't know what to say... first time a geocacher has left me absolutely speechless! :D

Deep breath...

OK, I'll stick with the above-suggested "Get Over Yourself!".

No, actually, in the friendliest and most helpful possible way, I will suggest you consider seeking counseling for what appears to be serious control issues. Not saying you have a problem, understand, but you might think about talking to someone about feeling that you own geocaching in your neighborhood and making yourself the self-appointed cache police.

Please don't take it upon yourself to damage, obstruct or remove any geocache you don't actually really truly own.

Ed

Edited by TheAlabamaRambler

In the words of Ron Burgundy, "I'm kind of a big deal."

Pushkin I think it is your duty to destroy these caches. The geocaching.com moral conduct doesn't touch you. Your above all of us. Go ahead buddy. LOL, honestly I think someone needs to humble themselves.

Edited by BomberJjr