Upgrading my eTrex

vix92008

Hi all, its my first time on here. I have had an eTrex thats done me proud for nearly 130 caches but want to upgrade a bit now for one with street maps as I am fed up of trying to follow the arrow on the roads. I have been looking around and the garmin i3 seems to be all I want at an affordable price. Can anyone offer any advice? Is this ok or is there something better? Looking at up to about £200. Thanks

I'm sort of confused by your post. You say you want to upgrade from your eTrex, then you mention the StreetPilot i3. You can't geocache with an i3. Do you mean you are looking for a new unit just for your car, and you are still going to use the eTrex for caching? Or are you looking for a unit that you could use for both caching and street navigation?

There are very few handhelds out there that double as great "car GPS" receivers and vice versa. The now discontinued (but still easy to get rather cheap) Lowrance IWay 100M may do the trick (I'm not sure they offer UK maps though, only US and Canada? I noticed the "pound sterling" symbol in your post). I believe some of the higher end Garmin handhelds in the X series may have options that make them work will in the car. Good luck!