free updates [ for recent purchase of City Nav]?

wi_pred

i bought city nav7 on 5-3-06 an i entitled to a free update of city nav8 it says that it was released on 4-5-06 if i am entitled how do i go about doing this Thanks!

Yes. If you unlocked it on or after April 5 (4-5-06) then you qualify for the free upgrade. Since your purchase date is almost a full month after that date you most definitely are entitled to a free upgrade to v8.

A point of clarification (as I understand it): you are entitled to a free upgrade, regardless of when you purchased the previous version. However, you may or may not be entitled to free UNLOCK codes depending on when you purchased the previous version.

I just upgraded to City Navigator V8 from City Select V6 that I purchased several years ago. The upgrade was FREE. I loaded the software on my PC and it works fine. However, if I want to load maps from this upgraded version to my GPS, then I will need to purchase the unlock codes for $75.

A point of clarification (as I understand it): you are entitled to a free upgrade, regardless of when you purchased the previous version. However, you may or may not be entitled to free UNLOCK codes depending on when you purchased the previous version.

I just upgraded to City Navigator V8 from City Select V6 that I purchased several years ago. The upgrade was FREE. I loaded the software on my PC and it works fine. However, if I want to load maps from this upgraded version to my GPS, then I will need to purchase the unlock codes for $75.

I did get a new unlock code. And it was free. Just had to wait for Garmin to send me the unlock code. It appears that I was having trouble with the Garmin website at that point in time. Otherwise, no problems.