I am a dolt!

PilotWI

I have read, with interest, the discussions on connecting a 60csx and various Palm devices. I have tried to use the search function with little useful results. I recently purchased a Palm TX and installed Cachemate, which can respond to GPS input. I've read that the 60csx may use the 4 pin plug or the usb output to interface, but can't quite understand all the language. In addition, there are reports that it does and does not work. I have also looked at sites that describe the plug I need for the TX and see phrases like the "universal connector."

So, the bottom line questions are:

Does my TX have a universal connector, similar to the Tungsten T2 models?

Is there a premade cable that will interface, specifically, from the 60csx to the TX?

Should I go ahead and use Bluetooth and get a cable from pfrancs (sp?)

Should I realize that I am driving myself nuts with the technology and just use the GPS and Palm separately?

;)

Thanks

Bob

Edited by PilotWI

You might be able to get such a cable at www.pfranc.com. I know they make cables that interface with Ipaqs and Windows Mobile based units, but I'm not sure about palm. They do sell cables that will interface with your 60csx, though.

You can use the USB cable to connect the 60 to a computer to download waypoints and such, but I think you have to use the serial connector if you want to let an Ipaq or palm read the location data from the GPS. (For use with TomTom or something similar)

Send an email to the pfrancs people, I've dealt with them before and they're extremely helpful. Tell them what you're looking to do, and they'll tell you if they can make it happen.

Edited by DocDiTTo