Help with new data card

:laughing: Bought a new 1G data card and downloaded maps to it from sendmap to the card reader. Installed into GPS and the maps werenot seen by the Gps. Erased the card and reformated it and sent some maps from mapsource to the card reinserted into Gps and it works. The problem now is that when I plug in the usb cable the puter does not see the Gps. Tried mapsource. sendmap,esay Gps, garmin g start none see the Gps. tried new usb cable nothing. Reloaded trip waypoint manager no help(I did not remove any program prior to reinstalling TWP manager) When I select find device it wants to in any of these programs it want to go to the built in card reader. HELP!!!!! :laughing:

I assume you have an explorist or a magellan if you are using mapsend. If you are using an explorist it will not take the older software (Mapsend S&D) as it was made for the Meridian and Sport trak lines.

If you have an explorist and Mapsend Topo or Direct Route, you have to download the maps you want, then use Magellan Conversion Manager to change the maps into ones the explorist can use. As soon as you launch the conversion manager, just follow the on screen directions. It's pretty easy once you get on to it, but it does take a bit of time for the conversion.

The exporist must be on and plugged into a USB port before the card can accept the data.

Direct Route 3, as I understand it, was written for the exporist and so needs no conversions. I don't have that software so I can't tell you for sure.

Not knowing your unit or the exact software you are using makes it a little difficult to answer the question, but I hope I have helped.