Has anyone ever proposed to their fiancee in a geocache?

dhsundance

My husband would have liked to. It was our first day of geocaching when he proposed in the middle of looking for a cache. Since we had just started he wasn't sure how to put the ring in a cache or make up his own cache.

This cache was a site of aa different proposal:

cache page

I would think it could be done, just give your sweetheart the coords early or someone will get a nice FTF prize!

Back when I was a Reviewer I helped a fellow set up a proposal cache.

We collaborated by phone to get the listing up just minutes before the event, so that no one else would see it before her, and archived it immediately after.

He used "Come on, let's get this FTF!" to get her to hunt for it.

The cache had her ring in it and he proposed on the spot.

Ain't love grand?

Ed

But if anyone else wants to add to the subject I'd appreciate it.

I proposed to The Sn ;):) gstress just moments after my One Degree of Separation event ended the night before GeoWoodstock 4.

Some may call it an indecent proposal. I was on one knee wearing a coconut bra and Hawaiian Lei, with the ring in one hand and a verrrry STRONG margarita in the other. There were mannnny witnesses. I'm pretty sure I can never run for President now. ;)

e5e7420f-9653-4338-80db-470ec63f5517.jpg

We wouldn't have met if TXGA wasn't making a bid to get GW4, so I felt like the night before was the perfect time to pop the question..... Ummmm, she said "YES!"

cf7228b6-593d-4a5e-9326-ab2dcf92ff24.jpg

Back when I was a Reviewer I helped a fellow set up a proposal cache.

We collaborated by phone to get the listing up just minutes before the event, so that no one else would see it before her, and archived it immediately after.

Doesn't that go against the guidelines about temporary caches? ;)

Anyway......

As Lep mentioned, I proposed to Geo Ho at an geocaching event in front of everyone. The ring was in a decon container. I dunno what was scarier, carrying that ring around all morning while caching, or asking her in front of all those people. ;)

a749dfc4-e61b-4d13-a02f-dd384b111973.jpg

I wonder how a Geodivorce would go?

"She got the house, the good car, the dog. I got my GPSrs and an ammo box, because it turns out she doesn't like Geocaching anyway." With that ammo box the "I Can Do Maintenance Checks All The Time Because I Now Live In A Tent 100 Yards Away From This Cache" cache could be placed. The FTF package? "The other half of my stuff!!"