What did I do wrong?

guyanonymous

I don't see what you could change that would make a difference. Looks fine to me. If I was 3500 Km closer, I would go for it. This Cache had 3 Watchers. Now it has 4. Looking forward to reading that FTF log when it finally comes through. Perhaps this post will motivate someone to go for it, and share the experience online through the Log.

I wouldn't feel bad and it does sound like a nice area that deserves a cache. The further off the beaten path you get the less visitors you'll have. Eventually someone will come and they will appreciate that you placed it there.

Doing a little searching I see there is another cache that is older, that may or may not be as remote as yours and still isn't found either.

On second though makes me wonder why you haven't found it? :huh:

I set this hide up a couple months ago:

Dreams, Wisdom, and Creativity.

Thus far, however nobody has visited it (no logs whatsoever).

Any suggestions for better ways to describe it etc?

It's less than 75km from Vancouver in a beautiful area filled with campers all summer...

Thanks for any tips!

Hi guyanonymous,

In thinking about your cache, sometimes it's those cachers who are active and mobile geocachers who find them (think of them as weekend warriors :P ) Sometimes what will happen is that a cache like this will come up in a pocket query for those who make it a point to cache the area, but in this case perhaps it's just a matter of time as those who might search for it, may have "cached out" the area prior to the cache being listed. Take heart, it WILL happen, eventually. In the meantime, count it an honour to have a cache sit dormant so long before its first finder...it kind of heightens the intrigue :huh:

C-A is right. Down here instead of "scrambling over rocks and logs" we would be scrambling over each other. :P

I have recently upgraded my digital camera so I'm looking to do scenic, photo-op type caches more than others and judging by your two photos I would be there in a heartbeat.

Hang in there guyanonymous. They will come.

Cheers, Olar

The one thing I noticed that the harder the cache or more correctly the more effort is required does seem to affect the number of visitors. I know I am stating the obvious. I have been up that way in BC before (amazing along the sea to sky highway is it not) and I just wish I knew about Geocaching when I was out there. I felt the same way when I placed my first cache and did not get all that many visitors I thought I made it too hard or too much effort placed in one cache. But judging from the location people will come. (Heck I would if i could get the time off to fly out there!)

I have a couple of caches that has had very little activity due to the fact you have to do quite a bit of work. My older cache has had 17 visits since it was placed in mid 2005 and was only found once since sept of 05.

And my latest one was found Twice since it was placed over a month ago and this is in a part of ontario that has a large number of cachers. Both require a few km of cycling.

Conversley I have a micro that has been found about 40 times and was placed late june 06. It was a real easy one in the middle of a cache dense area much like your part of BC is a cache dense area.

I personally love the remote ones , gives me a real sense of accomplishment!

Last time I checked, which was a week ago, there are 24 Geocaches in Ontario that are more than a year old that have not been found yet.

Over a year old- Never found

Some have DNF'son them, most don't.

But I think the word LordFishman used sums it up best... "Accomplishment". What is enjoyment is there in finding a micro in a parking lot? I highly doubt it is memorable, or something I would brag about to my friends and family.

Fast forward 20 years (give or take)

Okay kids, gather round and Grampa is gonna tell you all a story. There was this Altoids tin stuck in a pine tree... gosh, what a day that was! Nearly took me 20 seconds to walk from my car, the joy still fills me with warmth to this day.

OH PULLEEZZZE.

:anicute: The Blue Quasar

Must be something about them there left coast folks :ph34r: . Something that close to the city and near a road around here would be gone in days at the most. In fact one just got published out of town that required a 2 km walk at 11:30 pm and was found by 2 am.

Hmmm, I've HEARD 'bout that cache. ;)

Must be something about them there left coast folks :huh: . Something that close to the city and near a road around here would be gone in days at the most. In fact one just got published out of town that required a 2 km walk at 11:30 pm and was found by 2 am.

Hmmm, I've HEARD 'bout that cache. ;)

I'm actually headed to N. Van next week for business ... not too far away ...!!!

Too bad it's already been found, though, would've beel cool to have a out-of-province cacher nab FTF.

Edited by nicolo

Doing a little searching I see there is another cache that is older, that may or may not be as remote as yours and still isn't found either.

On second though makes me wonder why you haven't found it? :blink:

We decided to go from Vancouver Island for the FTF and would have to say it is more remote than the other cache and no longer unfound! We also went for the Dreams, Creativity & Wisdom cache and drove to within 30m of it. Both areas are absolutely wonderful (you should still go log them nicolo), we camped by the side of a lake the first night and a raging river the second night. There is one in the area still unfound... GCWE5B.