Too late [ on upgrade to City Navigator v8 ]

I ordered and received CN NA v8 last month and have already received and installed it. Today I get an e-mail fro Garmin offering it for $75. I paid, I think $130 for it. That really chaps my a**. Sometimes it just doesn't pay to be on the cutting edge.

The $75 upgrade will only work for those who already own an older version of CityNavigator or CitySelect.

[ Title tweaked to be a bit more meaningful. Good titles help ferret out folks best qualified to answer questions and help those in the future with the same question find the discussion. ]

Check the release date.

From your description, you likely fall into the 'elgible for free update' category described in their FAQ on this.

They have a very liberal update policy in the industry. Really.

[ Title tweaked to be a bit more meaningful. Good titles help ferret out folks best qualified to answer questions and help those in the future with the same question find the discussion. ]

Check the release date.

From your description, you likely fall into the 'elgible for free update' category described in their FAQ on this.

Tweaked title should then read "City Navigator v8"... :huh:

Check the release date.

Thanks. A couple of years ago, I bought City Select North America v5 and got a free upgrade to CSNA v6. I guess it can't hurt to give them a call. I plan to call and ask about my rebate check for the 76CSx I bought in May anyway.

thanks