Tide tables on a 60CSx

The Wit

Question 2 from the Miscellaneous section of the FAQ:

2. I've heard somewhere that I can get tide prediction tables on the 60CS, but after I loaded maps, I can't find any tide information. How do I get that?If you have MapSource, you can download the tide tables used in the GPSMap 162 or 168 and load them into a 60/76. Mount10bike gives details in this thread. The Garmin tide information can be found here. You can also load them on the Legend C and Vista C per Neo Geo's thread.

they're already there on the 60csx, were just a little hard to find..

from the map, do 'find' then 'marine points' (at the bottom of the list) then the only option that comes up under that is 'tide stations' ... press enter on that and pick one and you'll see it..use can use the menu button on that page to change the display format to tabular, etc.

(looks like they come from data sent with the map?)

Edited by thefiveofus

If you add maps to a 60C or 60CS, it over-writes the tide data, and you have to re-install it per the info linked in FAQ. I'm not sure whether this is true with maps loaded onto the card of the x units.

on my 60csx, when I load map data to the card, it did not overwrite the tide data (or was sent w/ the maps)..in any case, I dind't do anything special to keep the tide data in there when I load maps.