It is with great pleasure I present the Team Jsam Personal Geocoin

Team JSAM

Wohoo the samples are finally here, after about 4 months of working on the coin we are finally ready to offer it to the world. The coin was designed buy us with a bit of help from Elyssa at coins and pins, fox-and-the-hound did the icon (and a mighty fine job at that).

Ok here are the details:

Total minted: 535

Antique Silver: 275

Antique Gold: 150

Black Nickel: 75 (locked)

Diameter: 1 5/8" (42mm)

Thickness: 3.5"

Front: 3D no color

Back: 2D color w/ epoxy coating

Trackable: Yes, on Geocaching.com

Unique Icon: Yes

Activation codes: www.coincodes.com

Icon: jsam32.jpg

Pricing:

Antique Silver: $6.99

Antique Gold: $6.99

Black Nickel (3 coin set) : $29.99 (1 set per household please)

Shipping and Handling is 1.49 for the 1st coin and .50 for each extra coin. All international orders please email me for a custom invoice.

Click Here To Order

And with out further adue I present to you the 2006 Team Jsam Personal Geocoin:

Antique Silver

100_0761.jpg100_0763.jpg

Antique Gold

100_0764.jpg100_0765.jpg

Black Nickel

100_0768.jpg100_0769.jpg

Please forgive my poor photography skills.

Also here is the die art to give you a better idea of what the coins look like.

6ACP-00885-mod-1.jpg

Hope you like our coin as much as we do! Thanks for your support!

Team Jsam

Jake, Steph, Abby and Maddy

:anitongue:

Edited by Team Jsam

All international invoices have been sent (thank you) and I wanted to mention that s/h to canada is the same as the us shipping price. Also I did not put it in the OP but the coins are looking to ship around the week of 08-28-06! Thanks again for everybody who has made a coin purchase!!

I got to see the samples at our coin event today, very nice set.

Got to see the samples at an event yesterday -- glad that I've got the set ordered!

Nice coins!

Thanks guys glad you liked. for those who have not seen the coin personally they just got shipped to FL to glennk721 so he can work his magic and take some real photos so you folks can get a real look at what the coins look like.

Also it looks like I am going to change the Black nickel LE to only 50 total ever made instead of 75 to make them a bit more rare.

Still have a few coins left

Thanks again!

UPDATE:

It looks like the coins will be delayed about 1 week the sample coins were only 3mm in thickness so they are going to remake the dies to make them requested thickness of 3.5mm and also make the 3D effect a bit more deeper. I will keep everybody posted as to whats going on via this thread. Also we have a few coins left almost sold out but still have some left, just in case you missed out visit the link in my sig to get to the ordering page.

A big thanks to all who have ordered.

Team Jsam :huh:

Edited by Team Jsam

UPDATE:

It looks like the coins will be delayed about 1 week the sample coins were only 3mm in thickness so they are going to remake the dies to make them requested thickness of 3.5mm.

Ahh, I don't know who is trying to jerk your chain, but dies are irrelivant to coin thickness. The beach ball samples were 3mm but the final product is 3.5mm. No dies had to be remade. I also plan on altering the thickness on our team mini coins and I know I don't need new dies to go from 2mm to 2.5mm.

Ahh, I don't know who is trying to jerk your chain, but dies are irrelivant to coin thickness. The beach ball samples were 3mm but the final product is 3.5mm. No dies had to be remade. I also plan on altering the thickness on our team mini coins and I know I don't need new dies to go from 2mm to 2.5mm.

I am pretty sure that coinsandpins would not be remaking the dies for FREE if they did not have to, we are also making the 3D effect on the front of the coin a bit more deeper to make it stand out more. Coinsandpins has been great to work with from start especially Elyssa putting up with my daily emails ;) and changing my mind every other week.... I am very happy that I chose coinsandpins for our minting as they have been great to work with! Either way the dies do have to be remade I just wanted to keep everybody who has purchased a coin infromed that there was going to be a slight delay. AtlantaGal I appreciate your post but I can assure you my chain is not being jerked... :huh:

Edited by Team Jsam

A big thanks to everybody who has ordered, the coin is now sold out I still have 5 sets of black nickel listed on cointracking.com after those sell we wont have any left for sale, then on to the fun part of trading. We might offer a second run of coins but do it the way BadAndy did to encourage coins getting into caches by selling two coins with one tracking number. we shall see, again thanks to all who have ordered your support meant a lot!

Edited by Team Jsam

AG, I am not sure where your source of information is from, but some dies can be relevent to coin thickness. There are four main processes to manufacturing coins: two of those processes require new dies if the thickness is changed, and the other two processes do not require a die change.

UPDATE:

I just got an email today from coinsanpins.com they have confirmed that the coins will be shipping on the 22nd of September. I was (as I am sure you were) hoping that they would be done much sooner however they have had some issues with the several types of finishes that were ordered and wether or not to use stand blasting for the 3D on certain metals. Sorry for such a long wait, I would have not invoice people if I could have known about all the problems that were going to arise. I will be shipping all the coins out the same day that they arrive to help speed up the already delayed process. Again I am sorry for the slow shipment but it is beyond my control, I just wanted to keep everyone informed as to what was going on and I ask for your patience. If you have any questions feel free to email me via my profile.

Thanks

Jake