2006 Benchmark Contest FINAL RESULTS

Astro_D

Congratulations to everyone who has participated! It's been fun going through all the logs. Especailly since I ahve been on crutches these last several weeks and unable to get out myself.

Without further ado here are the FINAL results:

TOP TEN

10. CJF 82 points

9. Intermountain angler - 88 points

8. Klemmer - 90 points

7. Firefighter Skippy - 145 points

6. Dirtfinder - 180 points

5. Ernmark - 192 points

4. Papa Bear NYC - 250 points

3. 2 Old Farts - 350 points

2. Harry Dolphin - 369 points

1. Me & Bucky - 502 points

If anyone else would like their final totals, they can email me. Otherwise, I will get them posted later today.

Thanks for all the hard work keeping track of us Benchmarking Fiends as we scrambled around all over the country being chased from front yards by ladies w/ brooms & spent nites in Railroad jail cells ! :P

OMgosh...I thought this was just me.... :P

so...who will I be sending a loggable benchmark to...hhhhhmmmm?:huh:

Just tried to send a PM to the #1 place holder Me & Bucky.

We just found out that "There is no such member"! :P:huh: Seems as though Groundspeak still hasn't fixed the problem with the "&" in account names.

We sent Me (or is it Bucky) an e-mail with his choices.

A garmin E-trex yellow GPSr

A Jwin 4.2 megapixel camera

& http://www.geocaching.com/mark/details.aspx?PID=JZ0774

Harry Dolphin will be notified of his choices soon.

Them 2oldfarts get whatever is left!

Thanks for a fun contest.

John

Just tried to send a PM to the #1 place holder Me & Bucky.

We just found out that "There is no such member"! <_<:laughing: Seems as though Groundspeak still hasn't fixed the problem with the "&" in account names.

We sent Me (or is it Bucky) an e-mail with his choices.

A garmin E-trex yellow GPSr

A Jwin 4.2 megapixel camera

& http://www.geocaching.com/mark/details.aspx?PID=JZ0774

Harry Dolphin will be notified of his choices soon.

Them 2oldfarts get whatever is left!

Thanks for a fun contest.

John

For those of you who are interested in knowing who chose what...

The 2oldfarts got what they (Shirley) wanted --- The benchmark!!

Me & Bucky chose the E-trex yellow

Harry Dolphin chose the Jwin camera

Those two items will be snail-mailed soon!

Now I just have to let 4 Leaf know that we get the benchmark! :blink:

Thank you all for a fun time, now we can rest up.

Shirley~

PS: There is still a drawing going to happen for those who had just "1" point, and the winner will receive a benchmark, similar to the one that the 2oldfarts won. :) 4 Leaf Clover will do the honors on this one... Thank you 4 Leaf!!

All 3 Trackable Lewis and Clark Benchmark geocoins left the center of my Nation today.

If I do the math correct # 1 will get his 1st,#3 second and #2,3rd.

I will probably get all that backwards now.

Cause the post office don't figur like me.

Hope you enjoy them and some day soon I will have a complete map of their secret travel across the Nation...

All 3 Trackable Lewis and Clark Benchmark geocoins left the center of my Nation today.

If I do the math correct # 1 will get his 1st,#3 second and #2,3rd.

I will probably get all that backwards now.

Cause the post office don't figur like me.

Hope you enjoy them and some day soon I will have a complete map of their secret travel across the Nation...

YAHOO! we received ours today!! Man, talk about a beautiful coin....and trackable too!!

Thank you ever so much Geo, for this "Extra" value to the contest...

WOW!

Shirley~

(& John too, he's at work right now and I got to lay eyes and paws on it first -- First to Recover!?) :D

How about farthest traveled.

I got 6000 plus miles on mine.

See, I woulda said 'travelled', but there's no way to verify that 100%. :o At least distance, we can verify on GC.com the distance. :D

(I have 138k miles on a car that's 2.5 years old. I drive /alot/. While I doubt I'd be up there at #1 on distance travelled, I'm sure I'd be at LEAST in the top 3. :D

Me.

How about farthest traveled.

I got 6000 plus miles on mine.

See, I woulda said 'travelled', but there's no way to verify that 100%. :( At least distance, we can verify on GC.com the distance. :P

(I have 138k miles on a car that's 2.5 years old. I drive /alot/. While I doubt I'd be up there at #1 on distance travelled, I'm sure I'd be at LEAST in the top 3. :P

Me.

Ah but I can.

We rented a car in Springfiel and have the reciept showing 5987 miles on the 2 week journey of benchmark hunting.

From Springfield,Mo to the Pacific Ocian.

Then up to Glacier back down through Mt. Rushmore and back down the River.

We averaged 500 miles a day and all the benchmarks were not loggable in the contest.

The coin milage is around 4000.

That's as the crow flies from cache to cache.

...just out of curiosity - who won the drawing for the last contest prize (the BM) ?

I will have my daughter draw the name this morning after she gets ready for school.

I am sorry it took so long, but I had my oil changed last week....and they vaccuumed the front of my car.

OK...what does that have to do with anything, you might ask?

They MOVED the benchmark, and I have been in a panic for a bit. But never fear, I found it last night.

Containers to mail them were gotten last night, along with bubble wrap, and they will be mailed forthwith.

...just out of curiosity - who won the drawing for the last contest prize (the BM) ?

I will have my daughter draw the name this morning after she gets ready for school.

I am sorry it took so long, but I had my oil changed last week....and they vaccuumed the front of my car.

OK...what does that have to do with anything, you might ask?

They MOVED the benchmark, and I have been in a panic for a bit. But never fear, I found it last night.

Containers to mail them were gotten last night, along with bubble wrap, and they will be mailed forthwith.

Lilli picked FossilLady. I will track her down and ask for a mailing address.

2 things:

A) "third" prize was pailed out today. 2oldfarts, be on the lookout for it next week. I have the delivery confirmation info if we need it.

;)...how long should I wait for Fossil Lady to get me her address? I haven't heard form her yet. :)

Thank you Katie, I will be on the lookout and I definitly will let you know when we get it!

I GEO-mailed a note to fossillady about needing to get in touch with you. A lot of people do not respond well to PM's....they do not notice them or come to the forums much.... We should wait maybe a week? Or at least until after Labor Day before drawing another name.....??

Does anyone else have any thoughts on this?? :o

Shirley~

Sorry I was actually on the forum earlier this week and it never shows when I have a new PM for some reason and I don't usually check them. I replied with my address and am really excited about receiving this. Thanks I know it was lucky but still excited.

Rebecca - The Fossillady :laughing:

Congratulations Rebecca! I am so happy for you.

Well, everyone...that takes care of all of the great prizes that were so kindly supplied by several individuals...

GEO*TRAILBLAZER 1 - Thank you for the '3' very special coins.

stvanme - Thank you for the many contest pins and the special surprise pins given to each contestant that had E-mailed you.

4leafclover - Thank you very much for the time and effort to clean up the '2' benchmarks for the third prize and the drawing. These both will now have a special value to each winner. :laughing:

AstroD-Team - Extra kudos to both of you for helping us out over such a long time period.

A big 'Thank You' goes to all the participants for having such a good time and finding some really nice 'old benchmarks'.

Lastly - Thanks to everyone who joined up to show their support even though they did not find any marks, you are appreciated.

It was a blast!

Shirley~ (& John too)

Edited for not clicking on my spell checker - old age is so great... :laughing:

Edited by 2oldfarts (the rockhounders)

Fossillady,

We just got our Benchmark in the Snail-Mail! If you do Not like yours when you receive it...we will gladly take it off your hands... :lol:

4leafclover,

We just got home with our little gem and our good luck charm...Thank you so much for both! The benchmark is way cool! Now we just have to decide how to display it.... :o And I do believe we need the good luck...had a flat on the way to the post office!! :o

Shirley & John