60csx, Compass In Degrees Only?

I've never heard of mm in a compass. It would either be in degrees or radians or ordinal points like North or SouthWest and like that. mm is a linear measurement but degrees are circular like radians.

So what military application are you talking about...I'm curious??

quote name='vertigojunky' date='Aug 7 2006, 02:56 PM' post='2391690']

I know the 60csx is capable of UTM and MGRS etc, but when switched to MGRS will the compass read in mm also? or does it remain in degrees? Is there a way to switch it to mm at all?

I only ask because it's important in regards to military aplications.

Thanks a bunch if anyone has any clue!

Edited by kb9nvh

I know the 60csx is capable of UTM and MGRS etc, but when switched to MGRS will the compass read in mm also? or does it remain in degrees? Is there a way to switch it to mm at all?

Yes, the compass in the 60csx will read out in mils. It's selected off of the Heading menu.

Yes, the compass in the 60csx will read out in mils. It's selected off of the Heading menu.

Right--In the main menu, settings-->heading, then change the reading to mils.

Right--In the main menu, settings-->heading, then change the reading to mils.

Thanks a bunch everyone. I actually sell a lot of GPS units up in Canada here and I have been finding an influx of military folk who have been pretty specific with their needs on this feature. Funny I haven't really explored it myself, never found it necessary.

I'm involved in setting up a geocaching challenge in british columbia right now, winner gets two tickets to costa rica...should come to pass in september sometime. Everytime I think i've gotten the nitty gritty on features, someone asks me something I've never even tried before. Such is life.