Cheerios™ Geocoin

Mandollyn

I agree with Tirediron, that we need to put it on hold for the moment. I, also, think this need to be discussed in Cheers, not here.

I think Mandollyn is feeling like a few of us newer people. The problems that were had in Cheers felt directed at the fact that newer people came in and "changed the atmosphere" or something. This was completely not what I think any of us intended to do. I'm being very quiet about the whole situation, but I really have a feeling that mission was accomplished in getting rid of some people that were not regulars.

It is just my view. She's not the only one lurking and being VERY cautious, uncomfortable and feeling very unwelcome. ;)

I agree with Tirediron, that we need to put it on hold for the moment. I, also, think this need to be discussed in Cheers, not here.

I think Mandollyn is feeling like a few of us newer people. The problems that were had in Cheers felt directed at the fact that newer people came in and "changed the atmosphere" or something. This was completely not what I think any of us intended to do. I'm being very quiet about the whole situation, but I really have a feeling that mission was accomplished in getting rid of some people that were not regulars.

It is just my view. She's not the only one lurking and being VERY cautious, uncomfortable and feeling very unwelcome. :D

I am sorry that you feel that way. ;) I know that in my case, you are very welcome in Cheers.

It is just my view. She's not the only one lurking and being VERY cautious, uncomfortable and feeling very unwelcome. :D

I am sorry that you feel that way. ;) I know that in my case, you are very welcome in Cheers.

Thanks Bro! You haven't done anything. If anything you are one person that has been very, very nice! :D

Thanks Bro! You haven't done anything. If anything you are one person that has been very, very nice! :D

I'm glad you feel that way. :D

It is just my view. She's not the only one lurking and being VERY cautious, uncomfortable and feeling very unwelcome. ;)

I'm going to go out on a limb and risk the wrath of people whom I still consider my friends, and whom I walked out on instead of standing beside to help fix a problem. Some friend, me. :D But I'm going to say this for other people whom I also consider my friends to a greater or lesser degree.

Mandollyn and queen_ladybug and other newbies to Cheers were involved in a contentious couple of days in Cheers that I will not re-visit here. I will instead ask a couple of questions on their behalf. When you are new to a place, how do you know what is acceptable and unacceptable behavior other that through the actions and words of those who were there before you? If the people there don't tell you that you are doing something they find unacceptable as soon as you do it, how will you know to stop until someone blows up at you? And finally, if you found that you had contributed to someone else's anxiety through your actions, would you not feel and express some sort of remorse and hope that someone in the place where you originally felt welcome would tell you, at least privately, that you are still welcome there (if you really are)?

There is a good chance that I am missing quite a bit of the point because, like I said, I cut and ran rather than sticking around and trying to help. I know that I didn't see who got what PMs and when and from whom. From what I have seen, however, at least one or two of the "new people" made some sort of apology for their part in the stress. And from what I have seen, none of them has continued doing what caused that stress in the first place. If anyone can think of something to say or do to make the "newbies" feel welcome again, I'm sure it would be appreciated by them. If no one can, then maybe they are, indeed, not welcome.

(Please note that personal attacks on me will be welcomed, but ONLY through PM if they don't help clarify the new peoples' state of welcome to them. However, if flaming me helps you let someone else know where they stand in your opinion, then by all means, "Flame On.")

What are you talking about?

Wow, it's almost as if my question wa totally ignored or something... ;)

How wude!

..... :D

JAR-JAR!! Where you been hiding??

On-Topic (in off topic:) I'm a newbie to Cheers but I only came for the coin!!!! (Just kidding!)

Mandolynn, I appreciate your sense of tact and your concern. I love ALL the Cheerios! (with just a touch of sugar, please - not much!)

I'm going to go out on a limb and risk the wrath of people whom I still consider my friends, and whom I walked out on instead of standing beside to help fix a problem. Some friend, me. :D But I'm going to say this for other people whom I also consider my friends to a greater or lesser degree.

Mandollyn and queen_ladybug and other newbies to Cheers were involved in a contentious couple of days in Cheers that I will not re-visit here. I will instead ask a couple of questions on their behalf. When you are new to a place, how do you know what is acceptable and unacceptable behavior other that through the actions and words of those who were there before you? If the people there don't tell you that you are doing something they find unacceptable as soon as you do it, how will you know to stop until someone blows up at you? And finally, if you found that you had contributed to someone else's anxiety through your actions, would you not feel and express some sort of remorse and hope that someone in the place where you originally felt welcome would tell you, at least privately, that you are still welcome there (if you really are)?

There is a good chance that I am missing quite a bit of the point because, like I said, I cut and ran rather than sticking around and trying to help. I know that I didn't see who got what PMs and when and from whom. From what I have seen, however, at least one or two of the "new people" made some sort of apology for their part in the stress. And from what I have seen, none of them has continued doing what caused that stress in the first place. If anyone can think of something to say or do to make the "newbies" feel welcome again, I'm sure it would be appreciated by them. If no one can, then maybe they are, indeed, not welcome.

(Please note that personal attacks on me will be welcomed, but ONLY through PM if they don't help clarify the new peoples' state of welcome to them. However, if flaming me helps you let someone else know where they stand in your opinion, then by all means, "Flame On.")

Well, I'm a bit confused as well. If a person sends a pm to you and tries to make sure that they did not contribute to you leaving, and you do not respond to that pm, do you think that makes them feel a bit uncertain? ;) I know that I'm probably being immature to even ask this in a public forum, but I am. I will not discount anything else that you wrote in your post.

Well, I'm a bit confused as well. If a person sends a pm to you and tries to make sure that they did not contribute to you leaving, and you do not respond to that pm, do you think that makes them feel a bit uncertain? :anitongue: I know that I'm probably being immature to even ask this in a public forum, but I am. I will not discount anything else that you wrote in your post.

Oh, my. If I failed to respond, I truly apologize. Yes, I believe that failing to reply would make someone feel unsure about the answer. After posting my overly-dramatic departure, I did not lurk around to see the results. I caught my PMs much later, and I honestly thought I replied to them all. In this public forum I will say that nothing you said directly contributed to my decision to leave. I promise.

Edited by ElementalJay

Well, I'm a bit confused as well. If a person sends a pm to you and tries to make sure that they did not contribute to you leaving, and you do not respond to that pm, do you think that makes them feel a bit uncertain? :anitongue: I know that I'm probably being immature to even ask this in a public forum, but I am. I will not discount anything else that you wrote in your post.

Oh, my. If I failed to respond, I truly apologize. Yes, I believe that failing to reply would make someone feel unsure about the answer. After posting my overly-dramatic departure, I did not lurk around to see the results. I caught my PMs much later, and I honestly thought I replied to them all. In this public forum I will say that nothing you said directly contributed to my decision to leave. I promise.

Ok. :laughing: I'm on drugs. Don't mind me. :anitongue:

Thanks to everyone who has come and supported us newbies...

I know that I can speak for everyone else in saying that we appeciate it!

As far as the coin goes, I have already been asked by someone, who still is posting in Cheers, to drop it & to close this thread. (Funny thing is that this person didn't even vote!) I don't want to have wasted time (months) on this project just to have a few kinks muck the whole project.

I will leave this thread open - when the time comes to continue with the coin, please let me know...

Again, I miss all my geofriends... I'm still here - I'm not any more invisible than I was a week ago!

*kisses n hugs n luv n stuph*

Edited by Mandollyn

What is "OBMB"? Oh Boy, My Bad?

I've seen it several times but have no clue..... or is it an 'in-joke'?

"One Big Mushy Brain"...when someone posts the same response to another post in Cheers, it is attributed to this phenomenon. Sometimes there are multiple nearly identical responses and you'll have several OBMB's noted...

edited to add...For instance, AV Design's response and mine are NEARLY OBMB....if I had mentioned the pig as well, then for sure!

Edited by ATMouse