Business As Usual Around Here.

TEAM 360

Alright, I'll get into it...

I posted about a joke coin in the Geocoin forums, and it got removed and locked down after FSM deemed it 'offensive'...the image is from an actual California Hwy sign...so you tell me...can we all just have a laugh and not get someone's PC panties all in a bunch around here?

[Content deleted from Geocoins Forum is being deleted here.]

Edited by Keystone

Humorous in a "Mind of Mencia" spinoff kind of way.

I can see how it didn't fly around here though. The sign isn't offensive in context because of public safety concerns (better to mark regular road crossing points than have a bunch of dead people on our hands). When used with the text on the coin/post ("not trackable", "endless supply"), it changes the context to being a somewhat pointedly offensive joke.

Carlos Mencia's take on the sign was to have a midget and others try and strike the pose and ask the highway authorities if they had a similar sign for white people in Beverly Hills running across the roads. Not quite the same level of offensiveness as the geocoin mock-up of your joke.

I'd let this one go.

Yea, I know, ju66l3r, but it just seems wrong that everyone can jump all over some kid when he posts about his website, which he is obviously proud of, and gets tore up for it, while the 'joke coin' thread that we should all get a laugh out of, gets locked down.