Small Town, One Geocache Team...

We're in a relatively small country town (less than 10,000 pop.). Geocaching since January this year. Trouble is we're running out of caches in our local area.

All the caches here have been set by folks living in towns close by, or ourselves. There is no-one living in this town other than us who are geocachers. :laughing:

I've tried by word of mouth to get friends interested. But nobody seems to be grabbing the bait.

Does anyone have any suggestions on promoting geocaching and maintaining anonymity? :laughing: The only thing I can think of is our local paper. However I don't want to have myself and family the centerpiece on a geocaching story.

PS. If anyone suggests geocaching further afield...... If the oil price drops, we'll go out more.

What got me hooked was when someone showed me how many were hidden all around me. He knew I wouldn't be able to resist. Then I talked it up to a couple of people and they were indifferent til I manipulated them into coming with me. Mwahahaha

Edited by Kacky

We're in a relatively small country town (less than 10,000 pop.). Geocaching since January this year. Trouble is we're running out of caches in our local area.

All the caches here have been set by folks living in towns close by, or ourselves. There is no-one living in this town other than us who are geocachers. :laughing:

I'm in the same boat. Be thankful that you actually have caches in your town that you didn't place. I am the only hider here. I know there are other locals that geocache. One of them goes to my church. However, after placing over 30 caches, I have not managed to encourage anyone else to hide any.

That's OK though. I originally got started hiding to encourage others to hide, but then I found that hiding was as fun if not more fun that hunting.