Hamilton, Ontario Geocaching

kbrown79

I'm looking for someone to go geocaching with. My friends aren't into trying it as they don't like hiking. If anyone in the Hamilton weather is interested in joining me on some caches, feel free to e-mail me at kbrown79@iglide.net or leave me a message here!

Happy Caching

Kimberly

You are a hard person to get a hold of! I tried to e-mail you after reading a post that you left on another cache site and tried again yesterday after you had trouble with our cache. Both times the mail was bounced back to me. I left a note for you on our cache site last night and was happy to see you have left a post here. I hope I can help you.

Here are some ideas for w/c friendly caches in the area - I hope they work out!

Try ...

"In the Bruce" - This one is in a local park. You will have to wheel over grass but it is flat and well groomed.

"Urban Hike" - A paved path leads right up to the cache. Might be a bit of a stretch to reach it but you will see it if you look hard enough and I would classify that as a find.

"Yahtzee's Black and Blue Cache" - Two step multi in a public park. Again, some grass to maneuver over and a bit of a reach for the cache but I think you can do this one.

"Coles Cache" (not part 2) - A paved path leads to a lightly wooded area. We did this in March and from what I remember it would have been fine for a w/c(in terms of tree spacing). Not sure what the overgrowth is like this time of year.

Feel free to e-mail me and let me know how things go and if you want me to let you know of others as I come across them.

Good luck and Happy Caching!

campbellcrew :o

thanks so much for your help!!

I will definitely try those you suggested either today or tomorrow! I got your e-mail earlier today. Not sure why you had issues e-mailing me though. I appreciate your efforts! Geocaching is a great activity. Just need to get my friends into it! LOL

Kimberly

Here is a link to the Maps page for the City of Hamilton website

Map Gallery

The route I think they took was the Chedoke Rail Trail... which is half way up the page from the words "Places of Interest" (found at the bottom)

From there I think they went East and came up near Kings Forest (guessing) then returned West along the roadways

The Rail Trail is excellent for biking or hiking.

:D The Blue Quasar

Don't forget that Chris-Mouse did up a great cycling route we followed. I think I bagged 21 finds on that day and we finished up in time for dinner.

Is that a route that is published somewhere?

The exact route wasn't published, but it's not too hard to follow.

We started from the Mt. Albion park, and more or less followed Stone Church Rd. west to Iroquoia Heights We ended up wandering north of Stone Church, up as far as the Lincoln Alexander Pkwy. We didn't want get too far north of the highway though.

From Iroquoia Heights, we took the chedoke traiol down to the bottom of the hill, hitting a number of caches along the way.

From there, we took Aberdeen Ave to James St. James north to Forrest St, and Forest St east to the Escarpment Rail Trail.

The last part of the trip was back up the escarpment trail to Mt Albion again. I strongly suggest you do the loop in that direction, as the Chedoke trail is much steeper than the Escarpment trail, and going down the steeper slope is easier.

I forget the exact details, but the tril was something like 35K of cycling, with 25 or so caches along the way. It was a long day of cycling, but everyone was happy at the end of it, and nobody was completely exhausted, or even unhappy at the length of the trip.