Look At My Geocacheing Website

Look at the bright side ... all of this kid's buddies are down at the mall drinking Slurpees and harassing the clerks at the phone kiosks... at least this kid is getting out and doing something.

Kinda fun watching & reading his posts, have to give him credit for trying. I'll be in his neighborhood next week mabye I'll try one of his hides :o

Look at the bright side ... all of this kid's buddies are down at the mall drinking Slurpees and harassing the clerks at the phone kiosks... at least this kid is getting out and doing something.

I would rather he join his buddies in harassing the cell phone salespeople. That way I won't get bothered by those salespeople pushing their drugs on society.

Cell phones are evil :laughing:

I think we all recognize king riched's youthful energy and enthusiasm. As a fellow Pennsylvanian, I hope he sticks around long enough that we can see what effect a few more English classes and a little more maturity have on him. Check his Hides and Finds. He does have potential. And yes he does seem to "borrow" web content. He's new. How many original ideas were we expecting?

I'd just like to remind some of you that the OP is a young kid. Try and act with just a smidge of self-control when helping them sort through the issues in creation of their new website.

Save the snide remarks for some other thread.

I agree, NO NEED to attack or criticize this guy at all.

Good job for the effort, I say to him! Glad to see some excitement about the game! :laughing:

I'd just like to remind some of you that the OP is a young kid. Try and act with just a smidge of self-control when helping them sort through the issues in creation of their new website.

+1 I can't believe even one of the moderators jumped on this kid. Pick on someone your own size.

+1 I can't believe even one of the moderators jumped on this kid. Pick on someone your own size.

I've been there. At first I thought he was just another internet punk, but I was like that too. Not that long ago I was annoying people all over the internet. I'm 13, I don't know about him, but I know he's around my age. Maybe english isn't one of his best subjects? Or maybe they are typos. Who knows.

All I know is, I thought it was the coolest thing in the world when I could do this.... <b></b>..... Or when I signed up for a free hosting package, and built my own site. It was cruddy. But I really got into it, and now I'm with a paid domain and working on a redesigned website for my school.(!)

You've got to start somewhere, all the cachers out there that have 1500 finds had to of have 1 at sometime. Even though it may be 'rude' to advertise his site here in the forums, but I think he was so proud of his work he couldn't resist showing it off. Which is okay.

As for the plagarism part, I've learned from a previous web designer that you should ALWAYS give credit and a link to the site that you got it from. Or, type one up on your own. Then maybe you can print it out for extra credit :laughing:

---

I like it dude. What you need to do is resize the image of the GC logo somehow. Use a free program that is great for graphics called GIMP. (Google it) You can make some pretty cool pictures for that site. After you really get into try buying some webspace off Godaddy, or Addaction (<cough), or one of the many others. Finally go to the book store and get a book on HTML. A book like HTML for dummies does wonders. That's what I used to start off.

-Eric

whoa, I sound like a Priest!

This is the way to ask for constructive comments about a new website:

Hi! I'm just starting to learn how to use HTML and scripting tools to develop a webpage. Since I love geocaching so much, I thought it would be a fun topic to start with.

Would any of you mind visiting the first web page I created here and give me your comments on it? I know there isn't much there -- mostly some text that I copied from another site. But I've been experimenting with different looks and layouts, and I'd like to hear what other people think is good and bad.

Thanks for your help!

Notice the complete sentences? Notice the punctuation? Notice the absence of l33t and silly abbreviations? Notice how that sounds like someone who's earnestly interested in learning from others?

This deserves to be blown off:

Come To My New Web Site, its cool

http://kingriched.tripod.com/

as does this:

Look At My Geocacheing Website, come look

http://www.webspawner.com/users/kingriched1/index.html

King Riched's been told on numerous occasions that the way he presents himself in the forums is likely to provoke exactly the kind of responses he got. It appears he's not interested in listening and learning.

King Riched's been told on numerous occasions that the way he presents himself in the forums is likely to provoke exactly the kind of responses he got. It appears he's not interested in listening and learning.

I went back and read some of his threads. Yes I agree some are dumb and inmature. But ya know what? I think some of the responses by (what are referred to as) GROWN adults were imature.. Go back and read some. And your literally 'picking' on him about his grammer? Geez.

I'll be honest, I can't beleive I stepped in. Poor kid. If I was a mod I would close this topic.*wink wink*

-Eric

Wasco,

Why are you being so harsh? The kid is going to talk, type, and communicate like a kid. If it pisses you off that much don't read the post, don't go to the website.

The kids I know, all know that in a public forum (and I mean any forum, not just online ones -- talking to any person older than them in any situation, for example), they should try to present themselves well. Do I have a problem with kids talking like kids to other kids? Not at all.

So suggesting that someone speak in more-or-less complete sentences, have reasonably good spelling (at least make it look like you tried), use some semblance of punctuation, and take a shot at capitalization in order to be taken seriously is being harsh.

Fine. I'm harsh.

And a gurk.

Edited by WascoZooKeeper