Viewing Cache Locations In Google Earth

Aglaia

Hi Everyone,

I'm still new to geocaching, but a while ago came across an image where someone had imported their tracks into Google Earth,and just last week even had my Google Earth show icons for locations of caches in the area. The thing is, I can't remember how I maneged to view the cache locations. I only have the free GE version, and going to Tools --> GPS device says I'd have to subscribe. Any pointers?

Thanks!

Aglaia (trying to find caches near where I'm going tomorrow)

did you download the geocaching network from geocaching. com. You don't view the tools menu into GPS. You download the geocaching network at the geocaching home website. Hope this helps. You can't trust the locaction every 5 seconds the icon moves to a different locaction. Hope this helps ;)B)

did you download the geocaching network from geocaching. com. You don't view the tools menu into GPS. You download the geocaching network at the geocaching home website. Hope this helps. You can't trust the locaction every 5 seconds the icon moves to a different locaction. Hope this helps ;)B)

I found it. When you go to "My Account" there's a link nearthe bottom right called "Download Geocache browser in Google Earth". Is this the same as the geocaching network?

I found it. When you go to "My Account" there's a link nearthe bottom right called "Download Geocache browser in Google Earth". Is this the same as the geocaching network?

Just a word of caution, the markers for the caches are often way off and only give a rough idea of where the cache is. If you input the coordinates into the search window, it will get you MUCH closer.

What do you do after you have downloaded the file? I download it and when i double click it it is nonsence.

You have to have Google Earth installed to use the file.

Personally, I like the web version better. Go to any cache page and click the link called "Geocaching.com Google Map". I find those easier to navigate around, and the cache locations don't jump around all the time like they do when you're using the full Google Earth application.