Microsoft Mobile 5.0

Hello all!

I'm looking at a new phone and was wondering if Microsoft Windows Mobile 5.0 will run geocaching swiss army knife, or do I need a PALM series something or other to run this software?

Also will MSW 5.0 run cachemate?

I'm still pretty new to caching and I'm NOT a techie, but it's about time for a new phone and I was thinking about getting a "smart phone". I was looking at a PALM TREO 650. I have read goodthings about them but I'm worried that they won't standup to the abuse of everyday life. (I'm a remodeler by trade and that can be rough on phones, let alone the riggors of caching) The other phone that I'm looking at is a ( Cingular carries it but not sure who makes it) Cingular 2125, this phone has a better camera and basically all of the features of the PALM but is cheaper looks to be a little more rugged and runs on MSW 5.0 not the PALM software.

I'm really at a loss as to which one will work the best. Unfortunately life is about compromises?

Thanks again for all the help!

lost

Will WM5 run regular Windows software (like GSAK)? No.

Will WM5 run Palm OS software? No.

Will WM5 run CacheMate? Yes, as long as it's Pocket PC edition.

That last one is the problem with the 2125. You'll have a harder time finding paperless caching software for the Smartphone edition than you will for the Pocket PC edition. The 8125, for example, runs Pocket PC.