Can Some One Plz Publish My Geocaches ?

king riched

plz publish them there in pa

Why hasn't my cache been approved?

A quick look shows that you put your caches up sometime this afternoon. Please give us reviewers sometime to get to things. There are other caches in the queue that were in there long before yours plus e-mails from caches we've had to put on hold for one reason or another.

If after 72 hours you've not been contacted, check out here for what to do.

plz publish them there in pa

A quick look shows that you put your caches up sometime this afternoon. Please give us reviewers sometime to get to things. There are other caches in the queue that were in there long before yours plus e-mails from caches we've had to put on hold for one reason or another.

can you plz publish them now or no ?

Man, I hope they make you wait 73 hours before they publish your cache.

Hello King Riched,

As a moderator in this forum, I was summoned here by your post report. Yes, it is quite possible that someone in this thread is being a "gurk," so I do sincerely thank you for your message. I am looking into the matter, and if any action is warranted I will certainly take care of it.

Hello King Riched,

As a moderator in this forum, I was summoned here by your post report. Yes, it is quite possible that someone in this thread is being a "gurk," so I do sincerely thank you for your message. I am looking into the matter, and if any action is warranted I will certainly take care of it.

Gurk (pre-Roman for "the gurgling one") may mean:

• A river in Carinthia, Austria: Gurk River
  • A river in Carniola, Slovenia: Krka (Slovenia)
  • A market town in the District of Sankt Veit an der Glan, Carinthia: Gurk (town)
  • A borough of the municipality of Gnesau in the District of Feldkirchen, Carinthia
  • A Catholic diocese: Diocese of Gurk-Klagenfurt
  • People with the name Gurk:
  • Eduard Gurk (1801-1841), Austrian painter
  • Franz Gurk (1898-1984), German politician
  • Hemma of Gurk (980-1045), saint and benefactress
  • Paul Gurk (1880-1953), German writer and painter
  • The original name for the for the 80's band "Wang Chung". It was changed from "Gurk" because "Everybody gurk tonight!" didn't sound cool.

I've completed my investigation. I tend to believe that the reference was to Hemma of Gurk, saint and benefactress. And indeed, someone in this thread has acted like Hemma of Gurk. That person is OReviewer.

OReviewer has been a terrific addition to the volunteer team. He will be helping me out on the Western side of the state as well as his established territory in the east. He is a saint! And it is great that folks are hiding so many caches to keep us busy.

I've completed my investigation. I tend to believe that the reference was to Hemma of Gurk, saint and benefactress.

Are you sure?

I was CERTAIN it was an 80's band reference myself. I'm pretty sure someone in this thread Wang Chunged tonight.

I'd drive a million miles

To cache with you tonight

So if you're feeling low

Turn up your radio

The words we use are strong

They make reality

But now the cache is on

Oh baby hike with me

Oh, sorry. I thought this was the "Lyrics on the Loose" thread.

Edited by CacheNCarryMA

I've completed my investigation. I tend to believe that the reference was to Hemma of Gurk, saint and benefactress.

Are you sure?

I was CERTAIN it was an 80's band reference myself. I'm pretty sure someone in this thread Wang Chunged tonight.

I'm sorry if I acted too quickly. I will review my conclusions. Thank you for your continued patience.

Are you sure?

I'm sorry if I acted too quickly. I will review my conclusions. Thank you for your continued patience.

he was being a jerk

[he was being a jerk

Oh, a JERK, not a gurk. That changes EVERYTHING.

Yeah, the OP was certainly being a JERK alright. I mean, it says all over the website that when you hide a new cache that the reviewers will look at it within 72s, yet the OP posts a thread complaining that the cache he submitted a few hours ago isnt published yet. The helpful Oreviewer then explains the process to the OP, with links and all. And then what does the JERK do? He asks AGAIN!

What a JERK! Thanks King Riched, for pointing out what a JERK the topic starter is being.

Edit: Even though it's now jerk instead of gurk, I'm certain there is some Wang Chung going on.

Edited by Mopar

I don't know about that but what I DO know is that using "plz" for please makes me want to stab things. Repeatedly.

Aw, com'on do'cha luv it?

And I thought reading the funny log thread was entertaining.

Hey, why does my post say Gurk?

thnx!

Edited by ekitt10

This thread reminds me, I think I should get out and place a couple of caches tomorrow. I am thinking of a series of caches that will test the mettle of cachers, no easy junk caches. Because I have a Jeep to get rid of and a Members Only Coin- I am thinking that they will be so hard that , oh nevermind ;)

Edited by Packanack

Are you sure?

Once again. I disagree.

A simply study of the semantics of the song will bear my point out.

"Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody wang chung tonight."

If "fun" is the subject of the verb "to have" then "chung" must be what they are "wanging." In other words, it would be totally wrong to say, "Everybody was have funning." Obviously the proper parsing of the verb would be "Everybody was wanging chung." Therefore, using proper subject verb relationships, we should say:

"Mopar will be wanging chung"

"Mopar is wanging chung"

"Mopar has wanged chung"

-or even-

"Mopar's chung is most definitely wanged."

It's exactly this kind of misuse of the english language that has hampered the development of the western world and hamstrung us when competing in a world market of ideas where clarity is paramount.

I dream of a day when all people of all nations can bridge the barriers of our understanding and wang chung together as one.

Bret

;) YGBFKM ! B)

B)B) O F F I C I A L - N O - W H I N I N G - Z O N E ! B):D

Geocaching vocabulary lesson for today:

WAA'S: (not to be confused with W.A.A.S) - term used in geocaching to describe the sound emitted by Gurks [sic] when 'things' are not they want them.

Patience is a virtue...we all need it. Even doctors need patience [sp]! :D Relaxamundo!

Not that long ago there was a similar post regarding approval of caches in PA, although it was closer to the 72 hour suggested window. Keystone politely and professionally responded explaining that, [1] he/she is a volunteer (i.e. has a life other than geocaching...sound like the rest of us?) and [2] what a typical daily workload he/she had to contend with as a geocaching volunteer reviewer. Can't say I was envious.

Take a look at the amount of caches in a state or area. Each has had to be approved; prior to that, the volunteer researches them to make sure they are in compliance. They also have to "keep tabs" on existing caches (maintenance needed, changes, etc.) I was glad to see Keystone got some help. It is always exciting to have one's caches published [mostly awaiting the comments and 'sporadic invectives' to come from the FTF or subsequent finders, especially if YOU have put a lot of work into your cache(s)]. Know what? THEY'LL GET PUBLISHED...

Consider giving the volunteers a break and let them do their work rather than have to waste precious time to answer or defend their actions in the forums...this really doesn't get caches published any more quickly!

If you want to give them anything, a "thank you" is appropriate...without them, we really wouldn't have our hobby...

...and there are other hobbies - for those who don't get their needs fulfilled or their whims answered immediately!

plz review my geocaches !!!

Stop being a gurk. You placed them maybe 30 hours ago. The guidelines say they will USUALLY be reviewed within 72hrs.

USUALLY.

72 hours.

That's 3 days and 3 nights in case you didn't know how many hours are in a day.

Anyone making a peep about their caches not getting reviewed in less then 72 hours is being a major gurk.

Especially since it's a weekend and the reviewers just might want to spend time with their families or find caches instead of listening to crybabies compaining their cache wasn't listed within 6 hours.

Now, go back to your playpen and learn some patience.

Edited by Mopar

The OP's caches were not in the review queue as of 10:30 a.m. Friday, as I had emptied it at that time. Please start worrying, therefore, at about noon Monday. I do not think that any of the PA reviewers will be active in the queue today, but I'm betting that OReviewer or MissPlaced will take a look at these on Sunday. Thanks ever so much for your continuing patience, King Riched.

The guidelines say they will USUALLY be reviewed within 72hrs.

USUALLY.

72 hours.

That's 3 days and 3 nights in case you didn't know how many hours are in a day.

Anyone making a peep about their caches not getting reviewed in less then 72 hours is being a major gurk.

Hmmm, so If I place three caches, does that mean they wont be reviewed for 216 hours!?!?

OR, if I place three caches, does that mean each cache will be review in 24hrs!?!?

I'm confused. ???

From now on, I will hid caches and then wait 72 hrs before submitting the cache page to be reviewed. This way they can be published immediately.

And can we please stop talking about Mopar's Wangly Gurk!

I feel that for my 10 measly hides, I owe keystone a meal at his favorite place--Waffle House! He and all the other volunteer reviewers do this ON THEIR OWN TIME, UNPAID and by some UN-THANKED! Yet they still review and publish for us to have FUN....That's FUN for us, boys and girls! So we must ALL be thankful and happy that someone out there is paving the way for our fun not to mention the one who placed the hide and posted it to be reviewed and published.

READER'S DIGEST VERSION: WAIT, BE THANKFUL AND HAVE FUN!

:o

It's the Final Countdown... dum, da na na na, da na, na na na... 33 hours and counting...

***Wails...***

We're leaving together

But still it's farewell

And maybe we'll come back

To earth, who can tell

I guess there is no one to blame

We're leaving ground (leaving ground)

Will things ever be the same again

It's the final countdown...

The final countdown

Ooh oh

dum, da na na... 33 hours and counting... :P

Are you sure?

Once again. I disagree.

A simply study of the semantics of the song will bear my point out.

"Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody wang chung tonight."

If "fun" is the subject of the verb "to have" then "chung" must be what they are "wanging." In other words, it would be totally wrong to say, "Everybody was have funning." Obviously the proper parsing of the verb would be "Everybody was wanging chung." Therefore, using proper subject verb relationships, we should say:

"Mopar will be wanging chung"

"Mopar is wanging chung"

"Mopar has wanged chung"

-or even-

"Mopar's chung is most definitely wanged."

It's exactly this kind of misuse of the english language that has hampered the development of the western world and hamstrung us when competing in a world market of ideas where clarity is paramount.

I dream of a day when all people of all nations can bridge the barriers of our understanding and wang chung together as one.

Bret

:laughing::anibad::laughing::blink::ph34r:;):anicute:

My reaction to this post penetrated all protective barriers to my keyboard, screen, and my person.

Just to follow up, I'm happy to report that the OP's three caches were published just after 8:00 in the morning on Sunday -- well under 48 hours from the time of their submission. The Pennsylvania reviewers do pride ourselves on responding promptly. However, we had competing priorities on Saturday, such as a geocaching event and a church obligation. The caches are all awaiting FTF logs as of the time of this post, nearly 30 hours later, so have at 'em!

As the discussion has strayed a bit, and the question's been answered, I'm closing this one now.