Coinfusion Project Of 2006

LadyBee4T

The COINFUSION Project of 2006 is a combination coin of the first 4 coins issued put out by those 4 cachers. I know that many of you have the COINFUSION coins on your seeking list and over the next several weeks I will be auctioning off 4 coins of different metals for the benefit of a fellow cacher's sister with breast cancer. I have the Project's consent to auction these coins for this worthy cause.

Currently on ebay is the antique silver/nickel. The metals are a bit "coinfusing" even to the Projects members themselves as some metals can't be distinguished unless they are side by side.

So this may be YOUR chance to add one of the great coins to your collection!!

Edited by LadyBee4T

Info per Indy Driver about metal finishes I recieved in email from Gary was the following::

Shiny Gold

Black Nickel

Antique Copper

Antique Silver

Also all 4 coins have Indy Driver on coin edge, Glenn

Even though they may look like Shiny Gold, the one with "Indy Diver" on the edge text is Unplated Bronze. There weren't any shiny gold ones minted with "Indy Diver" on the edge text. Gary is mistaken about that. It's easy to get coinfused about all those metals. :)

Even though they may look like Shiny Gold, the one with "Indy Diver" on the edge text is Unplated Bronze. There weren't any shiny gold ones minted with "Indy Diver" on the edge text. Gary is mistaken about that. It's easy to get coinfused about all those metals. B)

Guess I will remain COINFUSED :):D Thanks Marky for the information, now to update my information I place on my coins in my collection. Glenn

Edited by glennk721

Well then darn I will never have any idea on which 4 I have! B):)

Here's the list I was just given:

First minting

Bronze without plating 340

Antique gold 20

Black Nickel 50

Foggy gold 55

Antique copper 45

Shiny nickel 20

Second minting

Bronze without plating 150 (100 with Indy Diver on the edge)

Black Nickel 75 (50 with Indy Diver)

Antique copper 85 (50 with Indy Diver)

Antique silver 60 (50 with Indy Diver)

Antique gold 25

Foggy gold 10

Shiny Nickel 35

Satin nickel 10

Shiny copper 10

The two I had trouble with in the pictures are the bronze and the foggy gold. I'm sitting here with them both and the foggy gold is definitely more shiny. Wouldn't have known that without the side by side comparison. All the others seem much easier to identify. I haven't seen any of the shiny nickel ones though

Does this help?

Thought to post some photo's here, These are the same as the coins donated and being auctioned for this benifit in singles , this is my set of 4 metal finishes I attained from Indy Driver himself in trade, Glenn

coinfusionfront.jpg

coinfusionback.jpg

Thanks Glenn for posting your absolutely GREAT pictures!!

Info per Indy Driver about metal finishes I recieved in email from Gary was the following::

Shiny Gold

Black Nickel

Antique Copper

Antique Silver

That is funny...mine says Indy Diver. Looks like you have a very rare and valuable error! :blink:

Shiny Gold

Black Nickel

Antique Copper

Antique Silver

That is funny...mine says Indy Diver. Looks like you have a very rare and valuable error! :blink:

Well guess I made a mistake, Just broke out coins to check, and indeed does say Indy Diver, wierd get the whole race thing in your brain and mind reads into things LOL,, also Marky was correct about the coinfusion by all its not Shiny Gold its unplated Bronze,, Glenn

Wish I had that error coin :o:)

Edited by glennk721

I'm not sure whether mine is bronze or shiny gold but it doesn't have "Indy Diver" on the edge - it just says "Property of theCoinfusion Project - Not to be sold".

How much you want for it ?? LOL,, (joke),, Look at LadyBee4T info listed about minting , could be first or second minted batch,, Do you have a photo of the coin ?? May help determine what finish it is, Or you could contact the party you attained it from to see if they know what finish you have,, Glenn

My set says same info "Property of theCoinfusion Project - Not to be sold". With addition of "Indy Diver" Just to be clear :blink:

The ones to my eye that are the hardest to tell apart are bronze without plating and the foggy gold. You basically have to have them side by side as the pictures aren't good enough to differentiate them. If you don't have Indy Diver on the side then you could have either one...But whichever it is they are COOL coins and I'm sure the closest I will ever get to having any of those 4 coins they are based on! :blink:

The ones to my eye that are the hardest to tell apart are bronze without plating and the foggy gold. You basically have to have them side by side as the pictures aren't good enough to differentiate them. If you don't have Indy Diver on the side then you could have either one...But whichever it is they are COOL coins and I'm sure the closest I will ever get to having any of those 4 coins they are based on! :laughing:

Where can I get this coin?

Thanks

SlabyFam

On 8/4/2006 at 5:06 PM, LadyBee4T said:

Here's the list I was just given:

First minting

Bronze without plating 340

Antique gold 20

Black Nickel 50

Foggy gold 55

Antique copper 45

Shiny nickel 20

Second minting

Bronze without plating 150 (100 with Indy Diver on the edge)

Black Nickel 75 (50 with Indy Diver)

Antique copper 85 (50 with Indy Diver)

Antique silver 60 (50 with Indy Diver)

Antique gold 25

Foggy gold 10

Shiny Nickel 35

Satin nickel 10

Shiny copper 10

The two I had trouble with in the pictures are the bronze and the foggy gold. I'm sitting here with them both and the foggy gold is definitely more shiny. Wouldn't have known that without the side by side comparison. All the others seem much easier to identify. I haven't seen any of the shiny nickel ones though

Does this help?

Does anybody have a photo of all the different coins in this set? Thanks

• Funny 1