Missing Travel Bug Number

Trekkin' and birdin'

I've tried finding this answer throughout the site, but no luck. We retrieved a Travel Bug from a cache, and realized that there must have been something attached besides the note inside. (It was a book). I contacted the person who put this one out, and she described the missing tag. We went back and could not find it at all. No one had been to the cache since we retrieved it. It's not really located in a place where anyone other than cachers would be likely to look.

The owner did not send me the number, so I can't log it. I've read the book and would like to send it on its journey, but can't log it properly. Ideas?

TIA

The owner needs to take care of their bug.

Send them a note asking them what would they like to do about the situation. Perhaps they could send you a copy tag to attach to the book. Either way they need to remove the TB from being listed in the cache until this is resolved.

If the owner won't take action the moderator here can move it to an 'unknown location'. It can be pulled back out if the bug is re-released.

Just curious, which bug is it?

Edited by BlueDeuce

Just curious, which bug is it?

Thanks for the information. I'll try emailing her again; maybe the follow-up email got lost in the shuffle somehow.

It was a book. I believe the person who released it is a publishing agent of some sort, and the book is by Matthew Reilly, called "The Seven Deadly Wonders." Several copies were released as TBs, because the storyline is kind of a treasure hunt. It's called "ReillyBug8."

Kind of a silly book, not all that well written, but I enjoyed it anyway and want to move it along for someone else's enjoyment. I suppose the other option would be to make it a Bookcrossing book.