Alien Geocoin

Mr & Mrs Loggerhead

I'm sure I'll get flamed for this, but if you really want them to travel maybe you should price them lower?

smiley_outtahere2.gif

Lower the price and cut their mammoth profit margin? Why would they want to do that? B)

I must admit that I am surprised to see that they jumped into nonsense geocoins so soon; after all they still have 2 Dogs, 1 Cat, 2 Frogs and 16 Fish without geocoins. ;)

I guess it does not matter what order they do them in as along as the profits keep accumulating.

I'm sure I'll get flamed for this, but if you really want them to travel maybe you should price them lower?

smiley_outtahere2.gif

Lower the price and cut their mammoth profit margin? Why would they want to do that? :o

I must admit that I am surprised to see that they jumped into nonsense geocoins so soon; after all they still have 2 Dogs, 1 Cat, 2 Frogs and 16 Fish without geocoins. :P

I guess it does not matter what order they do them in as along as the profits keep accumulating.

Is it just me or am I the only one yet to run into an alien caching? Or maybe I did and they just erased that from my memory when they were done with the other experiments. I know I have the fond taste for cat now though.

Too much a stretch for the extreme pricing. Closer to the actual cost might make them more affordable to have people put in cahes. At this cost they can't afford to let them out of their sight.

The coin is cute but it is priced much too high IMO. I like the glow in the dark. The art is nice. But the price and the gouging of the market will keep me away.

I usually do not complain about coin prices here, but this is just too blantant. These coins will not be likely to travel at those prices. This coin does not have any really special features other than glow.

A coin such as that is a $5 - $6 cost coin and you are selling it for $11 - $13.

That includes shipping so that adds no more than $.85 per coin if you ship each coin by itself. Paypal fees run $.62 or so if each coin sold separately. (But that would be less if you priced the coin lower)

So your cost would be at most: $7.47 per coin. You sell that coin for $10.95 and get a nice profit of $3.48. Do that 400 times and you get $1392.00!! :P That does not even take into account the higher priced LE & ELE.

Those numbers are you getting the least profit margin with a $6 base price and each coin being shipped and purchased separately. You will make more money than that since people will buy more than one coin at a time (saving the $.30 PayPal, $.20 envelope, etc.)

Now I may need to borrow that running away emoticon........:o

Greetings, I think the coin is interesting, I like aliens, even though not related to geocaching. Maybe that ALIEN at the ammo can is the is the mystery cacher stealing coins for his space ship to power his flux capactor for return to his planet,LOL, ..(the greys are stealing coins) :o But the price is just to high as others have said, this is sad, because you do have the unique factor with the coin , being I also like odd shaped coins. I buy most all of the coins that arise that I fancy, mostly more then one, I'm somewhat new to this hobby and addiction. But think along the lines of others here, also setting coins free, dought this will happen with this coin. at the very least I MAY buy one just to hold. Thinking you will have to find a differant audiance to sell to, other to here at the forums to sell your coins in general. This is a gental reply to your coin and just honest feedback with a little fun tossed in. , Glenn

Edited by glennk721
:o I agree with the notion that these as well as the last Loggerhead coin are too expensive and I will pass. This is the exact sort of greed that will be the end to the geocoin collecting hobby one day. I owned a trading card and comic book shop years ago and saw the exact same thing happen there. Trading cards became a hot commodity so the price went up, the number of sets went way up and before you know it, the hobby of collecting cards completely went away due to the greed of a few people. I guess you can always count on somebody to come along who is more than willing to take full advantage of a situation and drive it straight into the ground. Sorry, but you won't be getting one penny of my money and I hope others don't follow your lead (although I know they will). That's just my opinion and I have the right to express it.

Thanks to all that have responded in this forum, both good and bad. 250 coins have been ordered to date!

Thanks to all that have purchased as well.

For those who haven't figured this out this is a side business for us. If you think we're getting rich SWEET, but we're not. When I invest $2,000 - $4,000 on a coin we are going to make some money on it and I'm sorry if that offends some. We're taking a chance that they will sell. How many are willing to do that?

This has been our lowest priced coin to date except for the micros which people said were to much as well at $8.00 so where do we go?

I have no problem with your comment at all but can't remember any problems about the signal coin which are $10.00 plus shipping of $1.38. And I think I have seen them in most of the "owned trackables" from the members here.

We do limit our coins as well which makes them more collectible.

To date all of our coins except the Loggerhead Micro in Polished Nickel and Copper and a few Baby Loggerhead in Nickel have sold out so someone wants them and is buying them

To date we have traded over 300 of our coins as well including the 65 of the original Loggerhead's and put close to 50 in caches in which they quickly become someone elses property. Also the Baby Loggerhead's we donated to a local school that was studying geocaching. So please when you are doing all the figuring please add those into the equation as no profit.

We are working on additional coins, hopefully one day we'll make one that will please everybody, RIGHT!!!

Just my 2-cents!!!

I hope everyone has a wondeful Sunday, Go Dale Jr.!!!

For those who haven't figured this out this is a side business for us. If you think we're getting rich SWEET, but we're not. When I invest $2,000 - $4,000 on a coin we are going to make some money on it and I'm sorry if that offends some. We're taking a chance that they will sell. How many are willing to do that?

I don't at all have a problem with you making money on a coin, my comments are merely that I believe the coin is priced too high and that I won't be buying it. I am also trying to point out to you that you are treading on a slippery slope and that one day (maybe very soon). You will be stuck with a whole pile of coins that NOBODY wants. That might be the end of whatever profit you have realized but you know that as well as I do. What I fear is that this pricing will get collectors to the point they stop collecting and therefore people who create coins will quit doing so and then my hobby will come to a screaching halt. But the world goes on. All I can do is put out my warnings and people will do what they do, justify it in one way or another and be absolutely perplexed when it all goes away. I will continue to purchase coins I like that are within my budget and enjoy the coins. I am not in this for the money, I am involved because I like the coins and I like have a collection of them. If I wanted to make money at something, I'd pick a commodity that people will always need and want which I could buy (or create) and sell, not a flash-in-th-pan hobby of some kind. Also, just my $.02 worth (which also is worth less every day). I wish you the best, I just don't see me buying any of your coins any time soon.

What I fear is that this pricing will get collectors to the point they stop collecting and therefore people who create coins will quit doing so and then my hobby will come to a screaching halt.

Fear not. A market economy swings both ways. Supply & demand, and all that stuff.

If this coin sells out at the asking price, then the market can support such a coin at such a price. If not, then it'll just be a blip that pushed the current ceiling in the market.

I love these too and purchased them back when I received the email info on them. Yes they're pricey, but the coins I have gotten from the Loggerheads are excellent quality and usually are great traders/sellers. So I have no real complaints at this time. I have seen some of their future designs on a certain favorite artist's website and while I hope they're reasonably priced, even if they're not, I'll still be sure to get at least one :laughing:

Edited by AtlantaGal

Yes they're pricey, but the coins I have gotten from the Loggerheads are excellent quality and usually are great traders/sellers.

That is what somebody says everytime about their coins but even a newer cacher like me has run across coins that were "excellent quality" and "great traders/sellers" but did not cost twice the cost of any other coin. Dont get me wrong I dont think its a bad coin at all and this is America and they can charge 100.00 for a coin if they want(even though this coin cost less than 5.00 to make), but the above reason does not seem to justify paying that much for the coin.. :laughing:

IMO................. :laughing:

Edited4spelling

Edited by Team Jsam

That is what somebody says everytime about their coins but even a newer cacher like me has run across coins that were "excellent quality" and "great traders/sellers" but did not cost twice the cost of any other coin. Dont get me wrong I dont think its a bad coin at all and this is America and they can charge 100.00 for a coin if they want(even though this coin cost less than 5.00 to make), but the above reason does not seem to justify paying that much for the coin.. :D

IMO................. ;)

Edited4spelling

EXACTLY!

And what exactly are you defining as quality anyways? I have heard of complaints on how a coin looks and how visible the numbers might be, but that is more appearance than anything. It is not like these have to stand up to the test of circulation or anything. They either go in albums or in a cache or two (then in an album). What makes these of superior quality to the point of justifying selling them for big bucks?

That is what somebody says everytime about their coins but even a newer cacher like me has run across coins that were "excellent quality" and "great traders/sellers" but did not cost twice the cost of any other coin. Dont get me wrong I dont think its a bad coin at all and this is America and they can charge 100.00 for a coin if they want(even though this coin cost less than 5.00 to make), but the above reason does not seem to justify paying that much for the coin.. :D

IMO................. ;)

Edited4spelling

EXACTLY!

And what exactly are you defining as quality anyways? I have heard of complaints on how a coin looks and how visible the numbers might be, but that is more appearance than anything. It is not like these have to stand up to the test of circulation or anything. They either go in albums or in a cache or two (then in an album). What makes these of superior quality to the point of justifying selling them for big bucks?

In our opinion, a "quality" coin is one with a great design, well thought out, nice and hefty (not of inferior metals), pleasing to the eye, and above all, we must LIKE it!

In our opinion, the Loggerhead's coins have always met these criteria. Therefore, we must agree with AG. We will continue to purchase their coins, as long as they maintain their standards.

Just our 2 cents.

Have a GREAT day! :D

You know the same greedy thing happened to me today

I went to the store to get a gallon of milk and the cleark tried to charge me more than the store paid for it. I said what the sam hill are you doing. Is that all you care about is making money.

Then of course last friday when I went to work and picked up my check I noticed they paid me more money that it costs me to drive to work each day so I gave them my paycheck back and told them It only cost me $20 to commute this week and that was all I needed. I mean I don't want to be greedy.

;)

Sorry for the sarcasim but I find all the :D :D :o:D;) very amusing

Don't want it for the price they are asking then don't buy it. Very simple

FREE Enterprize - I love it!

GO LOGGER HEAD! :D

GO LOGGER HEAD! ;)

So let me ask this in all seriousness:

If free enterprise is OK, and you say that they have the right to cahrge whatever they want, why isn't free speech OK for those who wish to express a negative, or less popular, opinion?

I've said this before and I'll say it again as I *think* others do feel the same - not that I want to be a spokesperson. The difference in the scenario you posted above (grocery store, milk, work, etc.) is that those are deemed commercial places. Thier intent is to make money.

I, like others, view this as a community. There a lot of people who make coins to give something back to the community (too many to name). These people make some profit, yes. I have no trouble with that as I've made coins (as have a lot of folks on this board) and know how much time and effort it takes to create, ship, collect, etc.

It's the people who view this as nothing more than a way to make money that detracts from the community aspect for me. I've never wished harm to those people, I just don't agree with what they are doing and speak up and say so.

Edit to add: I don't want to take this thread off topic so I'm fine if somebody wants to open a new thread on this. My goal was not to derail his announcement/sale - just to state my opinion.

Edited by kealia

GO LOGGER HEAD! :D

So let me ask this in all seriousness:

If free enterprise is OK, and you say that they have the right to cahrge whatever they want, why isn't free speech OK for those who wish to express a negative, or less popular, opinion?

I've said this before and I'll say it again as I *think* others do feel the same - not that I want to be a spokesperson. The difference in the scenario you posted above (grocery store, milk, work, etc.) is that those are deemed commercial places. Thier intent is to make money.

I, like others, view this as a community. There a lot of people who make coins to give something back to the community (too many to name). These people make some profit, yes. I have no trouble with that as I've made coins (as have a lot of folks on this board) and know how much time and effort it takes to create, ship, collect, etc.

It's the people who view this as nothing more than a way to make money that detracts from the community aspect for me. I've never wished harm to those people, I just don't agree with what they are doing and speak up and say so.

Edit to add: I don't want to take this thread off topic so I'm fine if somebody wants to open a new thread on this. My goal was not to derail his announcement/sale - just to state my opinion.

Yes Free speech... I love that too..... I did not suggest that people do not have a right to voice thier opionions but I suggested that I found thier cying amusing. I am wonder if these people go to the grocery store and complain about the profit margins on bread and other commondities. Does the cashier ever give you a better deal for complaining?

Bottom line is if people did not buy this and all the other "for profit" coins then people would not be making them to sell. The seller in this case appears to be offering a product that Many people want. He has invested thousands of dollars. He has taken the risks and is entitled to the rewards. Same as the farmer that plants his crop and hopes for a good harvest... if he makes a profit then he should be proud not ashamed.

obvisoulsy as long as people are buying, sellers will be making coins to sell to them. The complaining is only drawing attention providing the seller with more customers.

For the convience of those that wish to purchase here is the link

ALIEN GEOCOINS

GO ALIEN COIN!

For the sake of Free Enterprize BUY THE COIN.... ;)

:D

BY the way I have a for profit coin too! I think I might even raise my prices so better get them now before the prices go up Sunshinegang geocoins

Edited by SunshineGang

What amazes me is when someone disagrees or says anything negative it's labeled as crying. When you decide to state your opinion, it's just that. I am not crying at all. I am stating my opinion, but please tell me what makes my opinion any less valid than yours since it is impossible to change either of our minds? I don't recall any of the people posting about not liking the prices or or about the coin not being Geocaching related, saying anything about others in the posts. But anytime one of us says anything negative about a coin, the nicey nice group goes staright at the posters rather than the issues. I will go cry along now.

But anytime one of us says anything negative about a coin, the nicey nice group goes staright at the posters rather than the issues. I will go cry along now.

I guess the "nicey nice group" are just simply exercising their rights of free speech to disagree on all the negative comments from "one of us" group.

In my observations, most times when "one of you" post comments regarding geocoins, majority of these comments are negative towards the coins, or the posters, or both. I don't care how liberal a person can be, but when everytime you see the same individuals express the same negative comments on the same subject, his patience is going to wear thin. And negative comments are generally being taken in as personal attacks, regardless of the intentions. It is just human nature. Thus, I'm not saying you have no right to express your negative feedbacks, but you should also expect the same type of feedback going back to you.

What amazes me is when someone disagrees or says anything negative it's labeled as crying. When you decide to state your opinion, it's just that. I am not crying at all. I am stating my opinion, but please tell me what makes my opinion any less valid than yours since it is impossible to change either of our minds? I don't recall any of the people posting about not liking the prices or or about the coin not being Geocaching related, saying anything about others in the posts. But anytime one of us says anything negative about a coin, the nicey nice group goes staright at the posters rather than the issues. I will go cry along now.

Some posted thier opinion and some posted attacking the poster and his idea and or the fact that he was gonna make a buck. I am not sure your post was one of the amusing posts that I was referring too. There are certain people in these forums that will attack/have attack coin sellers that have a profit margin. They repeatly do this deliberately to try and sabatage someone elses coin sale. Look at thier previous post and certain people do it over and over.

Now do they have a right to voice thier opinions? Yes they do... But what I am finding amusing is they keep crying but people keep buying....

Keep crying/complaining it's your right

ME I VOTE FOR FREE ENTERPRIZE CAST YOUR VOTE TODAY

GET YOUR ALIEN GEOCOINS CLICK HERE!

Yes Free speech... I love that too..... I did not suggest that people do not have a right to voice thier opionions but I suggested that I found thier cying amusing. I am wonder if these people go to the grocery store and complain about the profit margins on bread and other commondities. Does the cashier ever give you a better deal for complaining?

Bottom line is if people did not buy this and all the other "for profit" coins then people would not be making them to sell. The seller in this case appears to be offering a product that Many people want. He has invested thousands of dollars. He has taken the risks and is entitled to the rewards. Same as the farmer that plants his crop and hopes for a good harvest... if he makes a profit then he should be proud not ashamed.

obvisoulsy as long as people are buying, sellers will be making coins to sell to them. The complaining is only drawing attention providing the seller with more customers.

Guess you missed my point about the "community" vs. "a commercial venture".

Seeing as how you also want to resort to name calling and referring to an open dialogue as "crying" I can see that trying to have a conversation with you is pointless.

I could make the same argument that the same people posting "nice design", etc. is predictable and boring.....

If you (not you specifically) are OK with paying those prices. More power to you and the seller. I'm not and don't feel like I'm "crying" about it.

Guess you missed my point about the "community" vs. "a commercial venture".

Seeing as how you also want to resort to name calling and referring to an open dialogue as "crying" I can see that trying to have a conversation with you is pointless.

I could make the same argument that the same people posting "nice design", etc. is predictable and boring.....

If you (not you specifically) are OK with paying those prices. More power to you and the seller. I'm not and don't feel like I'm "crying" about it.

Please help me find the post that has the "Name Calling" I can't find one.

I did refer to the complaining as crying but not sure how I was name calling because I am sure that I would get some spagetti thrown my way if I were to started "Name Calling"

I suspect I skipped the whole community thing simply because it is gonna be hard to debate. You obviously have a view that differs from mine. Given that there is not a actually authority with the jurisiction to decide and publish the "rules" or "guidlines" for this "community" it might not be a good use of time to debate.

But again I ask you does the farmer not care for his community if he makes a profit? Who get's to decide and critize the farmer for charging to much for his product.

All I am saying is leave the farmer along. He made the investment and if you don't want to pay his prices then get your product somewhere else. Heck go out and grow your own

and of course getting back to the original topic there are still a few alien coins left get your now

ALIEN GEOCOINS

I am not sure that the problem is the farmer making a profit. Go for it. My biggest issue is the farmer coming to the co-op and selling his toliet sanitizers and calling them fresh grown produce. If the farmer wishes to sell geocoins, then make them geocoins, not coins that are tracked here but have nothing else to do with caching. The alien coin is a perfect example. I have never seen nor heard of an alien caching. Yet we have a coin about them? Gimmie a break. While it might be a cool looking coin, tracking alone does not make this a Geocoin. Now if this farmer wishes to create some real produce, I wouldn't mind spending some duckies.

I've read this entire thread - top to bottom - and I find it amusing... no... amazing that just 2 months ago, when I announced the sale of my geocoin, my prices of 8.50 and 9.00 for my LE (plus the huge fee of 2.50 shipping) caused me to be flamed mercilessly by many of these same people.

To sell a geocoin and *gasp* make a buck doing so, it seems you have to have a very thick skin to withstand the abuse some people heap on you... You've heard them all over and over again - to the point of being almost painful to read:

The price is too high...

The shipping is too much...

The coin isn't geocaching related enough...

I didn't like your last coin...

The colors are all wrong... or the shape is all wrong... their geoname isn't there... or it IS there.

And the all too common: "I pass". (Wow, that's clever).

C'mon - this argument has been played out over and over again. Nobody ever "wins" it. The people with their negative opinions will state their points - and the people who defend the coin maker (profiteer) will state their points as well.

What I did was to simply ignored the flamers... Believe it or not, I've received several emails from people who CRUSHED me in the forums wanting to trade with me for my coin (thinking I'd forgotten the verbal beating they put me through). Well, I haven't forgotton. And, I don't mean to speak for the Loggerheads, but, if I were them, I would rather look at all my new coins on a shelf than trade or sell to someone who bashed me or my coin publicly. (Not that any of you flamers would ever lower yourself to buy a coin someone actually might make a *profit* on!)

Yes, flamers, you have the right to say what you want... but, so do we.

Now take your arrogant, self righteous, "holier-than-thou" attitude and stuff it. Who made YOU the experts? Guess what... NOBODY DID. We're ALL experts in what we like or don't like. If someone LIKES the coin, they can buy it. If you DON'T like the coin, DON'T buy it. But, you DON'T need to berate the seller. There is such a thing as stating a decenting opinion nicely - it's called tact. Something that seems to be lacking in a few, chronic posters.

What ever happened to "geocaching"? THAT'S the community.

Okay, I said my piece. Flame on...

You know the same greedy thing happened to me today

I went to the store to get a gallon of milk and the cleark tried to charge me more than the store paid for it. I said what the sam hill are you doing. Is that all you care about is making money.

Then of course last friday when I went to work and picked up my check I noticed they paid me more money that it costs me to drive to work each day so I gave them my paycheck back and told them It only cost me $20 to commute this week and that was all I needed. I mean I don't want to be greedy.

:lol:

Sorry for the sarcasim but I find all the :anitongue::laughing::rolleyes::ph34r::ph34r: very amusing

Don't want it for the price they are asking then don't buy it. Very simple

GO LOGGER HEAD! :P

AMEN!!!! :anitongue:

I am not sure that the problem is the farmer making a profit. Go for it. My biggest issue is the farmer coming to the co-op and selling his toliet sanitizers and calling them fresh grown produce. If the farmer wishes to sell geocoins, then make them geocoins, not coins that are tracked here but have nothing else to do with caching. The alien coin is a perfect example. I have never seen nor heard of an alien caching. Yet we have a coin about them? Gimmie a break. While it might be a cool looking coin, tracking alone does not make this a Geocoin. Now if this farmer wishes to create some real produce, I wouldn't mind spending some duckies.

Well if that is what you wanna call them better get your toliet sanitizers order in before they are gone! :huh:

ALIEN GEOCOIN CLICK HERE

Edited by SunshineGang

Glen from Team Petey, You make very valid points indeed, You know right upfront I bought your coins and a 3rd one to boot to complete my set without question. Its more a question of is this a coin one I would drop in a cache. perhaps not, as stated I like this coin as I do yours very much, but if you read the threads about coins being stolen from peoples caches, (that ARE part of this community but are not playing fair) you may understand the hesidence to drop one of your coins in a cache, or one of these the same. I would much rather it be a permanent part of my collection.

And have a more generic coin dropped into a cache as not to be impacted by the theft from someone who ruins the game for all. Also stated is I "LIKE" this coin, I tried to be honest and open, not bashing or flaming anyone. I even tryied to add a sence of humor to my post above . I am going to order one of these, as I did your wonderfull coins. But I won't be dropping them in a cache for some heartless person to add to thier collection since I can not bring myself to drill holes in these wonderful creations. I will drop a more generic coin to be a travelers as not to be impacted the same way if one goes missing., this coin and yours will sit in my collection to be enjoyed by me and anyone I meet that has a desire to view my collection and showed with pride, I wish The Loggerheads much luck with thier coin sales, and I will be part of it, just won't be buying multibles to drop in a cache. Glenn :huh:

Now Buy a ALIEN today you wont regret it :P !!

Edited by glennk721

I am a little bewildered. Why is it that if a person states an opinion that is negative about a coin, we are labeled 'whiners' or 'flamers' or malcontents of some sort. I was of the opinion this was a forum where one states their opinions, I didn't realize that only positive opinions are acceptable. As for the analogy of one going and buying milk and paying more than it cost to produce, that is a little bizaar! If you want to use that as an analogy then I will give you MY analogy. I go to the grocery where most of the milk sells for $3 per gallon but in another case is milk selling for $5 per gallon. The cartons themselves are just beautiful and you can tell that great care has been taken to make them look just wonderful (same milk inside). Plus they are charging a $2 per gallon handling fee. I choose to not purchase this milk but continue to purchase the milk that I can afford yet when I tell somebody I don't appreciate the inflated price of the 'new' milk, I am labeled a 'whiner' and a 'flamer' and promptly run out of the store. I wish the producer of the 'new' milk all the best because after all, he is just 'making a buck' but when ALL the milk is selling for $5 per gallon with a $2 handling fee, I guess I will be forced to quit drinking milk. Aren't analogies wonderful? With a little spin we can make them prove any point we wish to prove and we can smuggly sit back and pat ourselves on the back for how clever we are! I believe in the free market system but what I fear is that if one person is successful with charging excessive amounts for their product, others will follow suit and pretty soon the hobby will not exist any more because of one simple concept.... G R E E D!!! You can call it 'making a buck', I will call it GREED and I will not assist you in your endeavor. You have the right to do what you wish with your product and I have the right to voice my opinion and ultimately not purchase your product which is exactly what I am doing on both counts.

I am a little bewildered. Why is it that if a person states an opinion that is negative about a coin, we are labeled 'whiners' or 'flamers' or malcontents of some sort. I was of the opinion this was a forum where one states their opinions, I didn't realize that only positive opinions are acceptable. As for the analogy of one going and buying milk and paying more than it cost to produce, that is a little bizaar! If you want to use that as an analogy then I will give you MY analogy. I go to the grocery where most of the milk sells for $3 per gallon but in another case is milk selling for $5 per gallon. The cartons themselves are just beautiful and you can tell that great care has been taken to make them look just wonderful (same milk inside). Plus they are charging a $2 per gallon handling fee. I choose to not purchase this milk but continue to purchase the milk that I can afford yet when I tell somebody I don't appreciate the inflated price of the 'new' milk, I am labeled a 'whiner' and a 'flamer' and promptly run out of the store. I wish the producer of the 'new' milk all the best because after all, he is just 'making a buck' but when ALL the milk is selling for $5 per gallon with a $2 handling fee, I guess I will be forced to quit drinking milk. Aren't analogies wonderful? With a little spin we can make them prove any point we wish to prove and we can smuggly sit back and pat ourselves on the back for how clever we are! I believe in the free market system but what I fear is that if one person is successful with charging excessive amounts for their product, others will follow suit and pretty soon the hobby will not exist any more because of one simple concept.... G R E E D!!! You can call it 'making a buck', I will call it GREED and I will not assist you in your endeavor. You have the right to do what you wish with your product and I have the right to voice my opinion and ultimately not purchase your product which is exactly what I am doing on both counts.

I personally don't think that everyone that made a reference to the price is "Whining" Some were very polite. But here are a few of the quotes that crossed the line for "no thanks" to suggest the seller is greedy person and his product is not a geocoin because it does not meet the Posters criteria.

Lower the price and cut their mammoth profit margin? Why would they want to do that?

I must admit that I am surprised to see that they jumped into nonsense geocoins so soon; after all they still have 2 Dogs, 1 Cat, 2 Frogs and 16 Fish without geocoins.

and by the way.... In your example when you see the $5 gallon of milk and you see that lot's of other people are buying it do you heckle the store manager every time you go there? Beat him up for selling that stuff at a higher profit. Should the store manager feel guilty for selling the product that people are happy to buy? Would you stand next to the cooler and try to convince any prospective customers that come to get milk that the $5 milk is junk and the store is just trying to rip you off?

GET YOUR ALIEN GEOCOINS CLICK HERE!

and by the way.... In your example when you see the $5 gallon of milk and you see that lot's of other people are buying it do you heckle the store manager every time you go there? Beat him up for selling that stuff at a higher profit. Should the store manager feel guilty for selling the product that people are happy to buy? Would you stand next to the cooler and try to convince any prospective customers that come to get milk that the $5 milk is junk and the store is just trying to rip you off?

No, I wouldn't 'heckle' the store manager any more than I am heckling Loggerhead but I most certainly would tell him of my displeasure with his pricing structure! I have yet to attack anybody about this issue, all I have done is point out my opinion that this and their other coins are overpriced and I will not be participating.

GET YOUR $5 PER GALLON MILK!

Edited by Rubiconlwb

G'day

I don't have a problem with constructive feedback and I think folks should be able to give it. If you are seller of anything, then feedback is important, both from those who like the product/price and those that don't. From the business persons perspective it should be useful information.

In this particuarly case, the coins may sell out, they may sell slowly or not at all. Without feedback particulary in the later two sceniros the seller will not know what changes if any need to be made.

Believe it or not feedback, surveys, focus groups etc are the norm.

Personally these coins don't do it for me and the price given the exchange rate just makes them too expensive hence I have not expressed an interest in purchasing. That said, if others are okay with the price/coin, that is great and they should buy it if they wish. To me if the purchase is not harmful to others then it shouldn't be a hassle for anyone.

If they sell out, great. If they don't then I hope my feedback is useful to the seller.

Each to their own in my view.

Regards

Andrew

Edited by Aushiker