Comparing Etrex Vista C To Legend C

Thanks Briansnat.

I just bought a Legend C a couple of weeks ago and find that it holds a track much better and seems to have a much better satellite reception and lock than the Etrex Legend that I was using.

I just sold the Legend on Ebay today. This was what my son was using for caching. I am now in the market for another GPS and he wants a Legend C too. I found the Vista C on Ebay and compared it to the legend C and that was all I found in the specs that was different.

The compass would be pretty nice and I was wandering if anyone was using a Vista C to let me know if they hold the lock and track as well as the Legend C does. If so, I may just get the Vista C and let my son have this legend C.

I know there is alot of good talk about the 60 series, but I am limited to around the $200 range.

Edited by MouseFart

Kasakato-

I started with the etrex Legend and found the Legend C on the garage sale portion of this forum a couple of weeks ago. It was used, but could pass for new. I gave $125 for it and like it so well, I just sold the Legend on EBAY today and plan on buying either another Legend C for my son, or getting the Vista C for myself and handing the Legend C down to him.

It was amazing at the difference between the Legend and Legend C. The acurracy is way better, it holds a satellite track tremendously better and will receive a signal inside the house, truck or my pocket where the legend would not. If you are considering one, this is a solid vote for them.

Edited by MouseFart

I just bought a legend cx on ebay. the "X" just means i have an extra sd slot for expanded memory. Mine came with a 64 mg sd card. I love it!! I paid 230.00 for it. They also have a Vista cx for around 289.00 which is the same thing, but with added altimeter barometer in it. I have been geocaching with it for about 2 weeks now and it does just fine. I do recommend adding mapsource maps to it. I added city navigator to it and I can pin point geocaches just fine. :)

I just bought a legend cx on ebay. the "X" just means i have an extra sd slot for expanded memory. Mine came with a 64 mg sd card. I love it!! I paid 230.00 for it. They also have a Vista cx for around 289.00 which is the same thing, but with added altimeter barometer in it. I have been geocaching with it for about 2 weeks now and it does just fine. I do recommend adding mapsource maps to it. I added city navigator to it and I can pin point geocaches just fine. :)

Do you have any problems with accuracy? There was a thread here where something like 13 people had a problem with them being 100ft off. Im not willing to take the chance because its hard to get a warranty return in Canada.