How Much Have You Paid To Find A Cache?

I've just paid a £30 parking fine to get FTF on a cache. :laughing:

I'm still deciding if it was worth it!!

Ok, it was completely my own fault (I didn't read the sign properly), and I didn't need to pay in order to find the cache ... :rolleyes:

... but what lengths have other people gone to, to find a cache?

Forgot to pay £1 for all day parking and when I cam back to the car, I had a £40 parking fine. All that and a DNF too :laughing:

I've just paid a £30 parking fine to get FTF on a cache. :laughing:

I'm still deciding if it was worth it!!

Ok, it was completely my own fault (I didn't read the sign properly), and I didn't need to pay in order to find the cache ... :laughing:

... but what lengths have other people gone to, to find a cache?

Forgot to pay £1 for all day parking and when I cam back to the car, I had a £40 parking fine. All that and a DNF too :rolleyes:

If there had been train details on the cache page,you may have saved money! :rolleyes:

It seems that the thoughtful and kind owner of the cache that you linked to had in fact posted a warning about parking restrictions :rolleyes:

However, at least that's solved an argument in the office about how much a parking fine is!

:rolleyes:

And we even read the warning as well!!! But the adreneline was pumping... we were racing to get FTF ... we saw the other cars parked to the right of the post and thought it'd be ok :laughing:

Ah well. It's my first (non-work) parking fine ever - and it's a lot cheaper than some of the ones we get at work in London!

But thanks for trying to get the message through to me anyway!! :laughing:

Ive got a £60 fine and 3pts, for speeding, travelling home after finding GCKWEG. The annoying thing was i had passed the location a week or so earlier without knowing there was a cache there otherwise i would have stopped then!

Also a couple of weeks ago, travelling between my 999th and 1000th, i 'met' another car on a windy, single lane road. Not too much damage (to my car anyway!) but i dont know how much yet, or whether it will be an insurance claim (protected no claims and all that). That was in the middle of a lengthy 'road trip' of around 900 miles i think, so fairly high petrol costs. That's one milestone i won't forget in a hurry!

If it makes you feel better, I did get flashed by a speed camera on my way to do this cache. That cost me £75 and half a day's holiday as I had to attend the naughty drivers speed awareness course. However, on the plus side, I did get to log this cache.

:)

How much???? :D

I got flashed two weeks ago and the notice turned up yesterday. They haven;t told me how much it is yet, just asked who was driving (I could blame the missus I suppose!) but I was hoping for 60 quid max.... And was the driving course compulsary? I've been resigned to 3 points on my licence for the last 13 years! And I was complete aware what speed I was doing.... B)

Oh, and the cache is archived - so I can;t even get that! lol

How much???? :o

£60 & 3 points, or £75 and 2 hours for the speed awareness course.

As Liz is a new driver, she's taken the speed awareness course, otherwise she's half way to losing her license (you're only allowed 6 points in the first 2 years after you pass your test now).

It's disgusting that they make you pay so much for the course, and she's really not looking forward to it. All this just for 34mph in a 30mph limit...

Simon

Fact: You speed you get fined.You break the law you get fined...Now lets not whinge about it eh!

I was not whingeing. I could have whinged about the fact that they changed the speed limit around Thame ring road and didn't sign the fact appropriately (in my opionion, which after the course I now see was WRONG, lol!). I do not habitually brak the speed limit.

To me it was a no-brainer, £60 plus 3 points or £75 and no points... hmm, lets see....

Actually I rather enjoyed the course, I learned what an ignorant bunch my fellow road users actually are, 90% of them didn't even know what the current speed limits are. It reminded me to to pay a bit more attention, which I don't think is a bad thing.

I know some other cachers who have been on this course. No names, but we are not alone. I still have a clean license too! :)