Long First Fix On 60csx

Does anyone else have the problem that the 60csx takes a really long time to acquire a first fix when having been off for a few hours? Mine takes up to five minutes sometimes. I'm running software version 3.00 and chipset software version 2.70. When the unit has been on recently it fires right up, but having been off overnight, or even for a few hours is causing it to take a really long time.

Robert

For me it sometimes takes a few minutes, rarely more than 5, but most of the time it is less than a minute. Just now I turned mine on after having it off for a few days and it found a signal within 50 seconds (indoors).

I'm sure if I had bothered to get up off the couch and try it outdoors, it would have had a lock more quickly.

It finds the satellites quite fast, but they blink for about three minutes before they start going solid. It takes about five minutes (or the entire duration of my bike trip to work) to lock enough satellites to actually get a fix.

When I first got the unit it worked like a charm. After updating the the latest software it seems to take forever, although the problem with no tracking any sats is fixed.

Robert

When did you update your software?

There was an update that really slowed down the acquisition. A later one fixed it.

I'm sure you've got the latest from a few weeks ago since you said you updated but everyone should be sure to run webupdater whenever they have some issue.

It finds the satellites quite fast, but they blink for about three minutes before they start going solid. It takes about five minutes (or the entire duration of my bike trip to work) to lock enough satellites to actually get a fix.

When I first got the unit it worked like a charm. After updating the the latest software it seems to take forever, although the problem with no tracking any sats is fixed.

Robert

Edited by kb9nvh