Hijacked!

TheAlabamaRambler

Curious as to where my TB might be, I sent this to the last person who logged it:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

> To: <email address removed by moderator>

> Subject: [GEO] TheAlabamaRambler contacting S_Kaz from Geocaching.com

> Date: Tue, 1 Aug 2006 19:29:52 -0700

>

> --This message was sent through http://www.geocaching.com --

>

> Do you still have my Northern Exposure TB (a moose)? You logged picking him up on 2/25/06. If he's still with you would you please move him along to a nearby cache?

> Thanks,

> Ed

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I get this in response:

"I posted a message asking about him and never heard anything so I assumed you didn't care about him and my dog has become attached to him."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

:rolleyes::rolleyes::laughing:

Does anyone know this dude well enough to get him to move my TB out of his dog's toy box and back into a cache?

What kind of geocacher thinks like this?

This bug has a great history and he gives it to his dog? :laughing:

Edited by Eartha

He made some comment on the TB's page about needing some "advice" on how to move it along.

TB: http://www.geocaching.com/track/details.aspx?id=66661

And someone recommended that he move it to the "land of fun and sun".

The recommendation to move him to the land of fun & sun came after the cacher stated that he was going to bring the TB to Florida. Why he didn't do that is beyond me.

I know the feeling all too well. I have a TB that I released at an event in April and was picked up by a cacher. I waited patiently and finally contacted him through GC to ask if he would move it along or give it to someone else that could.

He emailed that he was in school and didn't have time to cache but would give it to his father to move. It is now August and it is still in his possession. I have since emailed him a couple of times and have gotten no response.

Is there any way that GC can help with this sort of problem? :laughing:

jimearl1e: sadly no. Until the formation of the official geocache police squad there is little that can be done. I refer you to this pinned topic at the top of this forum for more advice.

To the OP that really sucks, but some people just do. I hope he borrows it from the dog and chokes on it. The dog isn't to be held responsible. Sounds like it's time to buy a new moose, dust off those copy tags ,and release v2.0.

I knew that moose looked familiar ... two years ago we picked one up from a cache; it looks just like yours. I just rummaged through the box of stuff we've found in caches, and here it is:

4c07d829-020b-4ab6-bbbc-3e1e598e7af2.jpg

Alabama Rambler -- you can have it if you want it to release with your copy tag. Email me if you want me to send it to you (or if you want to send me your copy tag to attach to it).

I knew that moose looked familiar ... two years ago we picked one up from a cache; it looks just like yours. I just rummaged through the box of stuff we've found in caches, and here it is:

4c07d829-020b-4ab6-bbbc-3e1e598e7af2.jpg

Alabama Rambler -- you can have it if you want it to release with your copy tag. Email me if you want me to send it to you (or if you want to send me your copy tag to attach to it).

U R 2 Kewl! Thanks SO much, Hermit Crabs, i will take you up on it!

That Moose came in kiddie meals at Hardees for a short while a couple of years ago. I happened to have one when my friend Clayjar set off on his AlaskaQuest run, New Orleans to the Arctic Circle and back in something like 5 days, Clayjar turned it loose up there and it's been wandering about, making friends and visiting interesting places. His kidnapping and your rescue by way of Northern Exposure Rev.2 will add another interesting twist to his tale!

Email me a physical address to edmanley@bham.rr.com and I will get the tag in the mail to you!

Man, that's a great outcome!

Ed