Can't Figure Out What The Pid Is?

MODU

Hi,

I took a picture of a benchmark in the San Juan Islands in Washington State. I can't seem to figure out what it matches up with. I have tried all the number combinations, but still can't find anything. What am I doing wrong? There are numbers like L35NR3W and T24N and S35.

Modu,

A disk with stampings like what you've typed is most likely a cadastral mark, outlining the corner of a property section. It was likely a US General Land Office disk. The vast, vast majority of these disks are not in the NGS database. You can list it in the Waymarking site if you have the coordinates.

For one last check in the database, what are the coordinates? Have you done a search for nearby disks on those coords?

In general, as the FAQ states, the vast majority of survey disks in the United States are not in the NGS database, and thus not on Geocaching.com/mark.

Edited by BuckBrooke

Hi,

I took a picture of a benchmark in the San Juan Islands in Washington State. I can't seem to figure out what it matches up with. I have tried all the number combinations, but still can't find anything. What am I doing wrong? There are numbers like L35NR3W and T24N and S35.

I believe you found a section corner marker. You found the corner of Section 35 in Range 3 West, Township 24 North. Possibly the Northwest corner.