Car Mounted Gps's ?

By voice-prompt, do you mean you want the GPS to accept voice commands? I don't know of any. There are many that provide voice command for routing, but not accept voice commands.

Since I use Garmins, check top half of this link. of Garmin dashmount units that offer voice commands for auto-routing, assuming this is what you are looking for.

My employer currently has nine of the 2720's. Includes voice routing, touch screen, remote control, and enunciated street names. This one, and I bet most of the others, come with a bean bag mount and two-sided tape for a more permanent mount, but the units can be easily removed from either mount. The units come preloaded with all US maps and a nice protective cover for the screen.

Edited by Chuy!

My FIrst GPS, a Garmin GPS II, came with a "Dashboard Mounting System." The salesman was very careful to point out to me that the mounting system was, in reality, a strip of velcro. I never mounted it on my dash, but certainly used it in the car.

I now have a Garmin 60CS and bought the car mout. It's been a great addition and makes caching much easier and safer, as I don't have to look down at the GPS sitting on the dash at an odd angle.

I have a Quest and find it to be a good autorouter and a great value at $300-$350 for everything you need in the package (including software). The drawback for the Quest or Quest2 for the described purpose is that it requires mounting into a windshield suction cup mount to get the voice prompts, and that would be a little bit of a hassle to move from vehicle to vehicle.

The touch screen and the beanbag mount of the 2720 would be nicer if cost is not a major concern.

My FIrst GPS, a Garmin GPS II, came with a "Dashboard Mounting System." The salesman was very careful to point out to me that the mounting system was, in reality, a strip of velcro. I never mounted it on my dash, but certainly used it in the car.

I now have a Garmin 60CS and bought the car mout. It's been a great addition and makes caching much easier and safer, as I don't have to look down at the GPS sitting on the dash at an odd angle.

AMEN!

~CMT

Any 2xxx series would be a very good choice.

I would definitely reccomend the Garmin Nuvi. I have had it over a year now and consider it to be the best auto GPS out right now. With the SiRF III chip the accuracy is dead on, the maps are about 97% accurate and the portability and ease of use are through the roof. I would definitely go to your local electronic retailer and play with one. You will be pleasntly surprised. :(