Battery For Explorist 500

yitbos

I read somewhere that the Explorist 500 uses a battery that is the same as one Motorola uses in a past cellular phone. I'm wondering if anyone knows which battery that is (usually the Motorola ones begin with SNN I believe). The posting or article I read did not give the specific battery type and I was just curious if this is correct and if anyone knows of that particular battery?

Thanks for the information.

John

I read somewhere that the Explorist 500 uses a battery that is the same as one Motorola uses in a past cellular phone. I'm wondering if anyone knows which battery that is (usually the Motorola ones begin with SNN I believe). The posting or article I read did not give the specific battery type and I was just curious if this is correct and if anyone knows of that particular battery?

John

It's for the Motorola T720, but it's the standard battery, not the extended life one. Hang on, I'll find the link to the thread here about it...

John

It's for the Motorola T720, but it's the standard battery, not the extended life one. Hang on, I'll find the link to the thread here about it...

Here's the thread about the Motorola battery. Apparently the 1100mAh fits the best.

"The Google search on battery + SNN5582B results in the 750mAh battery you need to do a search on battery + SNN5595B to get the 1100mAh battery."

yes - SNN5595B motorola 1100 mAh

not quick enough! I keep this thing with me always. There is also an adaptor for AAA batteries, but I can't seem to find that one. Magellan doesn't have it on their site - freakin' typical! <_<

Edited by Jhwk

not quick enough! I keep this thing with me always. There is also an adaptor for AAA batteries, but I can't seem to find that one. Magellan doesn't have it on their site - freakin' typical! <_<

Oh yeah... forgot about that. I may order one as an emergency backup... Here's the thread that talks about it, with description and a photo : link,

and the product for sale on TigerGPS : link.

I think I'm going to collect all FAQ and important troubleshooting tips threads about the Explorists... :unsure:

I think I'm going to collect all FAQ and important troubleshooting tips threads about the Explorists... <_<

Oh please...don't [only] smile when you say that! I'm sure anything you can write up to add to the Wiki faq in my sig line will be cheerfully incorporated by RobertLipe, Uber-Maintainer.

Edited by embra

There is also an adaptor for AAA batteries, but I can't seem to find that one. Magellan doesn't have it on their site - freakin' typical! :(

TigerGPS.com sells the Explorist AAA Battery adaptor for about $8. Definately a good thing to have.

Thanks for the links guys! It's on its way...

Embra... I know that you told me (and showed) the swivel mount adaptor that has the connector for the power/download component. I went to Tiger GPS to get it and the AAA adaptor, but the picture on the swivel mount doesn't look like yours! It looks like there is a hole where the cord is supposed to attach at. Any ideas of where I can get one? The budget is ready to do this. :laughing:

Thanks!

All right, lets keep this ball bouncing.

Can I use rechargeable AAA batteries in my new Battery adaptor?

And, has anyone found a decent desktop charging unit for the replacement batteries (SNN5595B)? Would rather charge them on the desk, versus taking the back off the eXplorist and charging with the cord.

And, has anyone found a decent desktop charging unit for the replacement batteries (SNN5595B)? Would rather charge them on the desk, versus taking the back off the eXplorist and charging with the cord.

I thought I read that someone bought a complete Motorola t720 cell phone on eBay to use as the charger. You can even use it as an emergency phone for calling 911 without having a service plan. Not sure how much the phones go for though :sad:

In the "mother topic" about the eXplorist batteries is a post from someone who found a charger.