Possibly Selling Coin Collection

Kilted Cacher

I haven't been in on the coin collecting for a little while due to work and other matters, but now I am back to see about the possibilty of selling my coin collection. If there is quite a bit of interest, I will update my list of coins in my sig. All coins will be unregistered coins. This is just to see if there is an interest or not, don't know how people feel about buying an entire collection.

But there are some lazy people like me who have bought groups of coins. I have done this two or three times. You won't get top dollar but you might be able to get rid of all of them at once.

Edit:

Uh, you have too many coins. Better break them up into lots. <_<

Edited by Tharagleb

Well . . . if the price is right enough there will be a few people who would. The bigger the collection the fewer people. Generally people get more if they sell individual coins. I will send a PM about someone who would likely do it for you for a small fee (not me).

In gauging interest it would be helpful to have a little more information on the collection:

Approximate total # of coins.

Approx # of trackable

Approx # of non trackable

As much as I'd love some of the coins you have, I really think you should check with the makers of the personal coins (Mountain Bike, Bluegillfisherman, Shydog, Goblindust, etc) to see if they'd like theirs back before offering them for sale. Some of these people pride themselves on their coin never being sold and it would seem wrong (IMOH) to not give them first dibs. I for one wouldn't think of bidding on a Personal Coin unless I knew the owner didn't mind it being for sale.

As for some of the State coins I'd love to see your price list.

Edited by 501_Gang

Apparantly there is a lot of interest from the PMs and emails I have received. Now, I will work on creating a final list of coins and possible price. If I decide to sell them individually, I will let everyone here know, but please, no more emails requesting certain coins, I have been bombarded with emails about individual coins.

Okay, I updated my geocoin list a little better. It's really tough with so many coins, so it might not be perfect. I still would like to sell the entire collection as one lot, but I may be selling them individually in the next day or so. When that happens, I let everyone know here in the forums and then I will take every 'reasonable' offer for any coins that I have with some exceptions (i.e. Geocoinclub coins will be sold as a 12 month set to include both Sept 05 editions). Please no offers before I ask for them, and if you want to buy your coin back, make an offer and hope no one else beats it.

So I take it then that it's like a silent auction? We submit offers, and after some amount of time, "bidding" closes and you take the highest on each coin? Just checking if there's a bit of a window for making offers, or if you have to be there when the flag is dropped or you miss out.

Edited by islander1988

Alright, I haven't received any serious offers for the entire collection, and since some of the coins are non-trackable on gc.com I will be unable to sell them here in the forums individually, so that leaves me with trying to find different options.

Let me start with taking email (not forum post or PM) offers for coins starting now, for 24 hours. Best offer gets the coins they want, same offer will go by time-stamp of the email. Certain coins will be sold in a set. Don't worry if you do not get a reply immediately, I will be getting a lot of emails and it will take time to go through them.

People are wondering why I am selling them. As you know, I was heavily into the coin collecting until this past January, when some problems came up and I had to quit buying coins. The decision to sell the coins was a very tough one, but a necessary one to help pay for some unexpected medical costs that have been collected up over the last few months. Thank you all for the help.

Let me start with taking email (not forum post or PM) offers for coins starting now, for 24 hours.

The link in your sig line goes to your "Available" list.

Is this what you are selling, or are your "Keeping" coins for sale too?

Alright, I haven't received any serious offers for the entire collection, and since some of the coins are non-trackable on gc.com I will be unable to sell them here in the forums individually, so that leaves me with trying to find different options.

Let me start with taking email (not forum post or PM) offers for coins starting now, for 24 hours. Best offer gets the coins they want, same offer will go by time-stamp of the email. Certain coins will be sold in a set. Don't worry if you do not get a reply immediately, I will be getting a lot of emails and it will take time to go through them.

People are wondering why I am selling them. As you know, I was heavily into the coin collecting until this past January, when some problems came up and I had to quit buying coins. The decision to sell the coins was a very tough one, but a necessary one to help pay for some unexpected medical costs that have been collected up over the last few months. Thank you all for the help.

Email sent - thanx for the opportunity.