Sleeping Dogs

ju66l3r

It's a little over a year since the South Carolina Senate received House bill 3777 regarding the definition of geocaching and its prohibition in cemetaries, archaeological sites, and historic whozits in SC. The Senate turned it over to the Judiciary Committee and evidently its activity there does not get logged on the SC State legislation website.

Without waking a sleeping dog, has anyone heard what the current expectations for this bill are? Did the JC nail it to the table never to be seen again?

The current round is over. The author of the bill is still on office and free to bring it up again. Her intent is unknown at present, but we will stay ready to move if it is brought up again.

Do we know who the author is? Is there a contact so we can start a very positive, descriptive, heartfelt letter-writing campaign to sway this to the "good" side?

The current round is over. The author of the bill is still on office and free to bring it up again. Her intent is unknown at present, but we will stay ready to move if it is brought up again.

Do we know who the author is? Is there a contact so we can start a very positive, descriptive, heartfelt letter-writing campaign to sway this to the "good" side?

Don't waste your breath, she and her staff went out of the way to edit cache logs to make them appear much worse than they were and downright lied at hearings..... they have an agenda and don't care what the truth is.

Did Yoda ever say anything like "difficult to change things are, powerful the dark side is..." ??

The bill did not pass. It's over.

Really? That is excellent news if true. It would restore my faith in government - well not really, but at least my opinion won't get worse.

no... maybe not until you read your morning paper.. but you can bet there will be something there each day to turn your stomach. One of the best examples I know of an oxymoron.... honest politician, with intelligent politician a close second.

I just wanted to say thank you to all the cachers who spent time and money to help defeat this bill. Now to write a letter to the department of tourism to let them know that I will visit there fine state.