Duplicate Approvals Or Denials

I'm getting duplicate approvals and denials of submitted waymarks. The duplicates come from two different officers approving or denying a submittal very close to one another. I would assume that this means that it is possible for one officer to deny the submittal while the other approves it. What happens then?

This can happen, and the most recent one applies.

TPTB are aware of the concern, and have suggested that there will be a "Reviewer History" in the next version so that Officers can see what has occured before.

I still hope that once a Waymark is reviewed by and Officer that it can only be over-ridden by the Leader. No one needs to get tossed back and forth up to four or five times.

;) The Blue Quasar

TerryDad2 Posted Yesterday, 05:51 PM

I'm getting duplicate approvals and denials of submitted waymarks.

Just got home and found a whole slew of " Your waymark has been approved " -&- "Waymark Confirmation" notifications in my mailbox (after only one day)

The likely problem is that the "Officers" don't look and notice that the "Waymark" has been approved already and hit the "Accept Waymark" button without thoroughly examining the submission. :D (in one case I had 3 approvals)

Trigger fingers I guess. :(

I M H O - the 2 buttons should be disabled automatically and only the "Leader" would have the authority to override the "accept/decline" of all submissions.

I M H O - the 2 buttons should be disabled automatically and only the "Leader" would have the authority to override the "accept/decline" of all submissions.

yeahthat.gif I like that suggestion.

Okay, but . . . what happens when it is resubmitted? The officer who declined the submission should have given instructions on how to correct the deficiencies in most instances -- unless the entire waymark was inappropriate. So, the officer who originally rejected should be the one who reviews the resubmission for approval, as he/she is the one who knows what was lacking.

I know that sometimes one officer denies, and another then approves a resubmission. But, I've seen cases where an officer denied a waymark, requested corrections, and the waymark was submitted unchanged, and then another officer approved it -- could even be the leader, without realizing the history.

So, I think that if one officer denies a submission, then he/she should be the one to approve the resubmission. I don't think there is a way to program that into the system, so it would have to be up to each category leader to implement such a policy.

I suppose not all loopholes can be closed, and there will always be the potential for confusion.