Pirates Of Harriman 3: Dead Man's Cache Treasure Map Coins

avroair

Arrgh! Avest ye!

Ok so the creative juices are flowing again for my 3rd annual Pirates of Harriman event. Everyone loves pirates right? Well I was thinking of doing a series of 4 pirate coins that form together to make a pirate treasure map.

I was thinking of make 200 4 piece sets for the general coin collector and 50 event exclusive sets.

For a total of 250 treasure maps or 1000 coins. They would be trackable and have a Jolly Rogers icon and a prefix code of PI or PH or something like that.

I haven't endeavored to try something on this large a scale (except for the 1000 NJ coins which were easier). Would people be interested in it or not worth the money, time, effort and bother? The coins would be $7.50, so a set would cost $30.00

Is that too much to ask? (even thought popcorn and a movie for two to see Pirates of the Caribbean is the same amount :rolleyes: )

Here is the basic idea, with each quadrant being a coin (NOT REAL ARTWORK!!!), just the concept!:

a6522eea-5d32-4b91-b24a-e8d52c6f9d42.jpg

Let me know what you think... and be honest! Don't say "I would buy 5 sets" when you wouldn't really want to shell out $150! <_<

Edited by avroair

For a total of 250 treasure maps or 1000 coins. They would be trackable and have a Jolly Rogers icon and a prefix code of PI or PH or something like that.

So, do you mean the 4 coins would combine to create 1 single treasure map? I have not been to the previous events... what type of event is this?

Sounds like a good idea. Depends on the coins of course! But if they look anything like your other coin ideas, I'll buy one set, and maybe even two.

Yeah, they would be 4 coins that make a treasure map:

Like this!

Well, my normal events include sneaky event caches, diabolical hikes and an overwhelming amount of food... we have only lost 3 cachers to sharks so we have a fairly good average. This year's event would be entirely different, utilizing the fall colors and have 12 event stages near the trailheads or parking areas (just very quick hikes to a scenic spot) in beautiful Harriman State Park... cachers would use a treasure map to find the caches and the final stage would be a BBQ... hence the treasure map idea... but of course I am getting way ahead of myself.

Edited by avroair

avroair you picture is not showing any detail. I can't see what the coins are to look like.

C_H

If you read the original post I say:

Here is the basic idea, with each quadrant being a coin (NOT REAL ARTWORK!!!), just the concept!:

I am not showing artwork, just trying to see if 4 coins in a Treasure Map shape is a doable idea.

Yeah, they would be 4 coins that make a treasure map:

Like this!

Well, my normal events include sneaky event caches, diabolical hikes and an overwhelming amount of food... we have only lost 3 cachers to sharks so we have a fairly good average. This year's event would be entirely different, utilizing the fall colors and have 12 event stages near the trailheads or parking areas (just very quick hikes to a scenic spot) in beautiful Harriman State Park... cachers would use a treasure map to find the caches and the final stage would be a BBQ... hence the treasure map idea... but of course I am getting way ahead of myself.

OK. That's IT!! I'm moving back to new england!

I'll take two please.

WIN

Arrgh! Avest ye!

Ok so the creative juices are flowing again for my 3rd annual Pirates of Harriman event. Everyone loves pirates right? Well I was thinking of doing a series of 4 pirate coins that form together to make a pirate treasure map.

I was thinking of make 200 4 piece sets for the general coin collector and 50 event exclusive sets.

I haven't endeavored to try something on this large a scale (except for the 1000 NJ coins which were easier). Would people be interested in it or not worth the money, time, effort and bother? The coins would be $7.50, so a set would cost $30.00

Is that too much to ask? (even thought popcorn and a movie for two to see Pirates of the Caribbean is the same amount ;) )

Let me know what you think... and be honest! Don't say "I would buy 5 sets" when you wouldn't really want to shell out $150! ;)

Ditto to the coin request, would be in for a set of regulars and if there is a LE , and besides the edges like a torn map, perhaps the inside edges made to somehow interlock or ridges that would line up to fit together instead of flat squares ;) .

Also would all 4 pieces have independant tracking number's and sets of 4 be numbered 001 to 250 etc. on all four coins in a set ? Just some feedback/ideas THX, Glenn ;)

I think this is a great idea and would definitely get a set of 4. One thing you might want to consider is instead of having four rectangular shaped sections, make the two edges in contact with the adjacent coin have unique interconnecting edges that help arrange it in the proper manner.

Thanks for the input, yes I had planned on interlocking edges. Guess I should get to work designing them! <_<