Has The Heat Affected Your Caching?

A friend (Golfdiva) and I went caching all day yesterday in the heat and humidity of Michigan. She is off work for a few weeks so this was a good time calendar wise for us to go, despite the weather! I know the air temp was in the 90s and the heat index probably was in triple digits. Still, we had a great time solving some tricky multiple stage multi's, including PB-2's Riverwalk.

We were both in shorts (yep, LOTS of scratches on the legs!) and I wore an under-armour type t-shirt as well. We tried to stay in the cooler woods whenever possible, drank lots of water and sports drinks, and rested when needed. Air-conditioning in the cache mobile between caches. We survived pretty well overall.

The two previous days I did a few local caches but started out really early and quit before noon when the heat/humidity really started to climb. Just be careful out there if you cache in the heat/humidity - be prepared!

My local forecast for today:

Forecast for: Middleboro, MA 02346

Updated: 8/2/2006 4:27:00 AM

Important Message

Excessive heat warning in effect until 5 PM edt Thursday.

Today

Mostly sunny. Hazy...hot. Humid with highs around 100. West winds 10 to 15 mph. Heat Index values up to 116.

Tonight

Partly cloudy. Hazy. Humid with lows in the upper 70s. Southwest winds 5 to 10 mph. Gusts up to 25 mph in the evening. Heat Index values up to 110 early in the evening.

Nope, I'm not geocaching today. No, I'm not wearing long pants today.

You'd have trouble getting me into any pants at all if it was'nt for work. :laughing:

Absolutely. TOO hot. Went out today to do a new cache. Left at 9 a.m. We had to wear pants due to the undergrowth. By the time we got home at 9:58 I was dripping sweat and cranky. Who wants to wear boots, pants AND watch out for poisonous snakes? And I was still only STF! ;) LOL