Made Money Caching Today

MouseFart

My 11 yr old son and myself made 7 finds out of 8 attempts today. While at one location, we were searching through some low shrubbery. My son was 8-10 feet away from me and found the small container inside a hollow log which was placed underneath the shrubbery. At about the same time while I was searching just down from him, I found a loose $5.00 bill that had blown into the bushes.

Great day of caching and made money to boot...!!

Edited by MouseFart

I found someone's bank debit card at a cache Friday.

So you're off to do some caching in the Bahamas? ;)

No, it had been there a few days, so I'm sure the schmuck who lost it had reported it missing by now, so there was no point it trying to get it back to him. Cut up and trashed. (Though when I get rid of my own credit cards, they get the blow torch treatment. Nothing left but a smoking black lump of plastic.)

One day I decided to take the cash from every cache I found. I thought I might get enough to buy a 6 pack if I was really lucky. I think I found around 10 - 12 caches that day. I ended up with $4.50 which wasn't quite enough for the beer (although I was amazed how many quarters I found and also a dollar bill). I left around $15.00 in swag in the caches. Not real profitable. ;)

I found someone's bank debit card at a cache Friday.

So you're off to do some caching in the Bahamas? ;)

Caching in the bahamas isn't much fun. It's really hot, and really scary. The heats not what gets me, it's walking 'further than the tourist spots'. It can get akward, I came back once I left the boardwalk!

____

Instead of finding a cache once, I found a (I think) cachers wallet. I posted a note on the cache page, even though I should have logged it along with my DNF ;)

-Eric

I DNF'ed a cache at a particularly trashy location once, looked down to see a fat wad of bills by my boot. This place was so nasty, I actually hesitated before picking it up. Then I wondered if it might belong to one of the charming local drug dealers, so I high-tailed it back to the car.

Turned out to be ten dollars in ones. It was fat because they were wet and swollen.

But, hey. Ten bucks.

I find coins from time to time while caching but I have a couple of interesting finds this year. In the middle of the wilderness I picked up a coin and wiped the dirt off. I had a 1920 s wheat penny. I bet it could tell a few stories. A few miles from this in the same general wilderness area I found a $2 bill along side of the trail. Yep, geocaching is starting to pay off. :(

I find coins from time to time while caching but I have a couple of interesting finds this year. In the middle of the wilderness I picked up a coin and wiped the dirt off. I had a 1920 s wheat penny. I bet it could tell a few stories. A few miles from this in the same general wilderness area I found a $2 bill along side of the trail. Yep, geocaching is starting to pay off. <_<

Hey, I lost $2.... does it have a picture of the queen on it? If so, it's probably mine... :ph34r: