Help In Finding Caches In France

gpslo

We will be visiting Ribeauville, Alsace, France for two weeks in August and would like to do a bit of geocaching. One problem = we don't speak French so have obvious limitations. Question = how do we find French caches in the Alsace area on geocaching.com? If I search "France", 1500 or so caches come up. Is there a way to sort through these for the ones which are close to where we will be staying? Thanks in advance for advice.

Geo in Avila Beach, CA

Here's what I've done with the help of Google.com and Geocaching.com.

Made a quick search of caches that have names of cities of Alsace, France. Tried Colmar and Mulhouse. The last one made a hit:

> Par l'ILLBERG de Mulhouse.

From here you have a couple of good exits. First, the most simple, is find every cache around this one.

The other is using Geocaching.com Google Maps. Could be more useful to you.

Bon voyage!

You may also look at the caches around Ribeauvillé by 'seeking' a cache at the following coordinates:

N48°12.275' E7°18.192

These coordinates are those of the cache in Ribeauvillé: Le trésor de chevalier Egenolf by firlefanz (GCK9TM).

You will actually find most if not all of my caches :rolleyes:

You also could base your search on the pseudos of the most active geoplacers in Alsace:

sTeamTraen (47)

DGSTRUCH (20)

OMLingo (14)

Batla (that's me..) (14)

Pianopoppets (11)

Warcat (7)

Dav999 (6) he is near Mulhouse

Bumerle (4)

Most if not all our descriptions are in both French and English!

If you plan on visiting Strasbourg, I suggest that you try the urban caches from sTeamTraen (Tramway 1 to 5) which are challenging..

You can also go on the french site.. I know.. follow this link: http://www.geocaching-france.com/index.php...9&submit=Go and if you want to search by yourself, this one: http://www.geocaching-france.com/?page=search

I hope you will enjoy your stay in Ribeauvillé. It is a very pretty town and perfectly located for tourism.

Serge

Edited by batla

Here's what I've done with the help of Google.com and Geocaching.com.

Made a quick search of caches that have names of cities of Alsace, France. Tried Colmar and Mulhouse. The last one made a hit:

> Par l'ILLBERG de Mulhouse.

From here you have a couple of good exits. First, the most simple, is find every cache around this one.

The other is using Geocaching.com Google Maps. Could be more useful to you.

Bon voyage!

Many thanks for your reply. Actually I had done a search on two cities using "keywords" but didn't get any hits. I gave up too soon. I'll try further right now. Appreciate your help.

Geo

Also many thanks to you for your suggestions. Will certainly be trying them -- beginning this afternoon. Appreciate your help.

Geo

-------------------------------------------------

You may also look at the caches around Ribeauvillé by 'seeking' a cache at the following coordinates:

N48°12.275' E7°18.192

These coordinates are those of the cache in Ribeauvillé: Le trésor de chevalier Egenolf by firlefanz (GCK9TM).

You will actually find most if not all of my caches :rolleyes:

You also could base your search on the pseudos of the most active geoplacers in Alsace:

sTeamTraen (47)

DGSTRUCH (20)

OMLingo (14)

Batla (that's me..) (14)

Pianopoppets (11)

Warcat (7)

Dav999 (6) he is near Mulhouse

Bumerle (4)

Most if not all our descriptions are in both French and English!

If you plan on visiting Strasbourg, I suggest that you try the urban caches from sTeamTraen (Tramway 1 to 5) which are challenging..

You can also go on the french site.. I know.. follow this link: http://www.geocaching-france.com/index.php...9&submit=Go and if you want to search by yourself, this one: http://www.geocaching-france.com/?page=search

I hope you will enjoy your stay in Ribeauvillé. It is a very pretty town and perfectly located for tourism.

Serge