Pocket Query Problems

fo2gra4

Has anyone else been having problems with the Pocket Queries not being listed in order by distance from orgin? Both my GPX file and PocketPC files have been out of order (not in order by distance as it says it should be). How can that be fixed? Or is it a GC.com problem?

Please help, I have had no problems until recently, all the other Pocket Queries that I received in the past worked find. It is the current PQ's that are not working right, it seems to have started about a week ago.

I love my PQ's but I need them in distance order to download to my GPSr in groups. Have done that in the past with no problem, this problem just started about a week ago as I said already.

Edited by fo2gra4

I am using the program that came with my GPSr, Magellan GeoCache Manager. But the problem is not with the program I am using to load the PQ's to my GPSr, I think it is the way GC.com is sending the PQ's. I say that because the file I get for my PocketPC (paperless geocache info) is not beening listed in the right order either (I use MobiPocket Reader). Everything worked fine up to a week ago.

I have that same problem with Mobipocket reader queries. A few weeks ago, my queries were sorted by distance from the zip code, but now they seem to be a random distance. I also use GSAK for my waypoints, but my Mobipocket is screwed up. Somebody help! (It is really annoying searching through 30+ pages of caches in the Table of Contents on a slow PDA to find the one I want!)

Edited by Team Moped

I have that same problem with Mobipocket reader queries. A few weeks ago, my queries were sorted by distance from the zip code, but now they seem to be a random distance. I also use GSAK for my waypoints, but my Mobipocket is screwed up. Somebody help! (It is really annoying searching through 30+ pages of caches in the Table of Contents on a slow PDA to find the one I want!)

I have the same problem and I, like you all, am a premium member. I contacted groudspeak got a ticket # and was sent to the forums here to reolve my issues??????? Any help would be appreciated.

;)B)B):D

I have that same problem with Mobipocket reader queries. A few weeks ago, my queries were sorted by distance from the zip code, but now they seem to be a random distance.

From what I've observed, the recent PQs are being arranged in order of increasing GC waypoint # (GC1111, GC1112, GC1113, etc) instead of distance from search origin.

If you guys would throw away that silly mobi-shmocket and try a better tool such as GPX Spinner, you would find a plethora of indexes listing the caches in just about every order you can imagine. So if you know a cache's name, you can use the "Index by name", if you know the GC#, use the "Index by Waypoint", or if you want to find the caches closest to home or work, use the "Index by Distance from Home" or "Index by Distance from Work" ;)

If you guys would throw away that silly mobi-shmocket and try a better tool such as GPX Spinner, you would find a plethora of indexes listing the caches in just about every order you can imagine. So if you know a cache's name, you can use the "Index by name", if you know the GC#, use the "Index by Waypoint", or if you want to find the caches closest to home or work, use the "Index by Distance from Home" or "Index by Distance from Work" :P

I happen to like my mobipocket, it is on a windows smartphone, that has my camera and several other apps built in. I like carrying it and my Vista and thats it. In the past before Groundspeak started messing these up life was good. Everyone has there own preferences and are entitled to such.

My major gripe is that I had an issue, went to Groundspeak and they sent me to this forum to figure it out on our own I guess. I guess i just expected a little better, being a premium member.

Has anyone else complained besides me???? :o

If you guys would throw away that silly mobi-shmocket and try a better tool such as GPX Spinner, you would find a plethora of indexes listing the caches in just about every order you can imagine. So if you know a cache's name, you can use the "Index by name", if you know the GC#, use the "Index by Waypoint", or if you want to find the caches closest to home or work, use the "Index by Distance from Home" or "Index by Distance from Work" :P

I happen to like my mobipocket, it is on a windows smartphone, that has my camera and several other apps built in. I like carrying it and my Vista and thats it. In the past before Groundspeak started messing these up life was good. Everyone has there own preferences and are entitled to such.

My major gripe is that I had an issue, went to Groundspeak and they sent me to this forum to figure it out on our own I guess. I guess i just expected a little better, being a premium member.

Has anyone else complained besides me???? :o

It irritates me when the standard reply here in the forums is to try another program, set up another email account, or quit your whining, etc,,,. I see this way too often here in the forums. The fact is, Mobipocket is a recommended program on this site so there is no reason why i should have to switch to another program to get queries to work properly.

I can not find where GC.com said PQs would be in any order, much less distance from a point. I also looked at PQs I have and the old ones are in distance, the new ones are by GC#. Maybe the nexts ones will be alphabetical by cache name. What difference does it make? Your display software should reorder it for you. If it doesn't, I would think you'd get a different program or ask the author to fix the problem. When I upload to my etrak they are arranged by GC# and I can't change that, but I can in my display software.(That means - on my computer or PDA or printed sheets of paper)

Yes, I have a problem with GC.com - The travel bug TB# that they have been sending us in PQs for the past two months are wrong. It has taken an extra long time to get it fixed. Don't know if it is. Hard to get info from them.

Ok, I started this thread to see if anyone else had this problem, as I can see I am not the only other person. Why did Groundspeak change the way they download the PQ's? I did not see any one ask about it or tell us they were going to change how the PQ's were going to be sent. I would get my PQ's at the maximum cache load of 500 per PQ to save amount of PQ's being sent. Then I would us the program that came with my GPSr (a Magellan eXplorist 600) to send the caches in 3 packets to my GPSr in order of distance. It worked find until recently, now since the PQ's are being sent by the waypoints I have to request more PQ's in 175 caches per PQ. With only having a limit of 5 it is a big BUMMER. I think that we should get the files sent the way they were a few weeks ago, or let us have more PQ's to be sent to us.

I am in the process to trying to figure out GSAK, and see if I can download the PQ's (caches) to my Magellan eXplorist 600. At the present time I have yet to figure it out, or Magellan will not let 3rd party programs send the info to their GPS's. I am also in the process of getting the program GPS Sonar for my PocketPC, so I can then request the order of the caches the way I want them. Has anyone used GSAK with an Magellan eXplorist 600? How did you get it to work? Any help will be appreciated.

I really do wish that Groundspeak would get their act together. I too have seen posts here that suggests others to change their programs or internet service provider, and I do think it is unfair to say that. Especially since those internet service providers, or the programs they used in the past did work.

My last question is: How do you contact Groundspeak to complain about problems you have with their site?

Thanks for all the help. Oh yes, I am a Premium Member, the PQ's are the main reason I became one. Don't know if it would be worth it if I can't get good PQ's that I can use. Anyone else with me?

fo2gra4

Edited by fo2gra4

I am in the process to trying to figure out GSAK, and see if I can download the PQ's (caches) to my Magellan eXplorist 600. At the present time I have yet to figure it out, or Magellan will not let 3rd party programs send the info to their GPS's. I am also in the process of getting the program GPS Sonar for my PocketPC, so I can then request the order of the caches the way I want them. Has anyone used GSAK with an Magellan eXplorist 600? How did you get it to work? Any help will be appreciated.

fo2gra4

I have used GSAK to transfer to my magellan 600. I used it to sent a whole 500 cache pq, but it had to be saved as a POI file, rather than a geocache file. I'm pretty sure if you selected 200 or fewer points you could transfer to a cache file. (I just haven't done that).

I prefer to just stick to 200 point pqs for ease with the magellan, but I know that doesn't work for everyone.

Thanks for all the help. Oh yes, I am a Premium Member, the PQ's are the main reason I became one. Don't know if it would be worth it if I can't get good PQ's that I can use. Anyone else with me?

fo2gra4

Howdy,

While I agree that PQs are one of the most "valuable" features of Premium Membership...there are others that are also very useful. I too am/was a Mobipocket user - easy, simple, plain vanilla program - and it suited my needs perfectly until the PQs started arriving in WPT order...the Find feature of Mobipocket is cumbersome to use.........sigh. I downloaded the CacheMate trial program yesterday and got familiar with it, then paid the registration fee of only $8.00 and couldn't be more pleased....it really is a well constructed, powerful program. While I can't give you an answer to "our" Mobipocket woes...I can offer you an inexpensive, comprehensive, easy to use alternative.

Regards,

Bill

I can not find where GC.com said PQs would be in any order, much less distance from a point. I also looked at PQs I have and the old ones are in distance, the new ones are by GC#. Maybe the nexts ones will be alphabetical by cache name. What difference does it make? Your display software should reorder it for you. If it doesn't, I would think you'd get a different program or ask the author to fix the problem. When I upload to my etrak they are arranged by GC# and I can't change that, but I can in my display software.(That means - on my computer or PDA or printed sheets of paper)

Yes, I have a problem with GC.com - The travel bug TB# that they have been sending us in PQs for the past two months are wrong. It has taken an extra long time to get it fixed. Don't know if it is. Hard to get info from them.

Well ya see...It's like this. I have been using PQs for a while, they have always been done in order by distance...no it don't say it, thats the way it has always been until as of late. I use Mobipocket that does not order it. But guess what, they say in e-book format which would mean they will be in order as a book (an exact copy) of the preview that lists them from closest to the farthest away from your starting point. I guess that is why they have you give starting point to display them, you reckon?

Big deal is I am already paying for this service and Groudspeak sent me here to resolve my issues, Some customer service for a paying customer. Mobipocket is free and always worked before and is advertised by Groundspeak. It used to work in the past. I don't want to have to pay more money to buy software from somewhere to fix Groundspeak's hiccup... :o

Ok, I started this thread to see if anyone else had this problem, as I can see I am not the only other person. Why did Groundspeak change the way they download the PQ's? I did not see any one ask about it or tell us they were going to change how the PQ's were going to be sent. I would get my PQ's at the maximum cache load of 500 per PQ to save amount of PQ's being sent. Then I would us the program that came with my GPSr (a Magellan eXplorist 600) to send the caches in 3 packets to my GPSr in order of distance. It worked find until recently, now since the PQ's are being sent by the waypoints I have to request more PQ's in 175 caches per PQ. With only having a limit of 5 it is a big BUMMER. I think that we should get the files sent the way they were a few weeks ago, or let us have more PQ's to be sent to us.

I really do wish that Groundspeak would get their act together. I too have seen posts here that suggests others to change their programs or internet service provider, and I do think it is unfair to say that. Especially since those internet service providers, or the programs they used in the past did work.

My last question is: How do you contact Groundspeak to complain about problems you have with their site?

fo2gra4

Does no good to complain they just send you here mate.. Look Here...

Jamie Lewis,

Your ticket has been received, one of the staff members will review it and reply accordingly. Listed below are details of this ticket, Please make sure the Ticket ID remains in the subject at all times.

Ticket ID: CNU-798322

Subject: Pocket Queries

Department: Geocaching

Priority: High

You can check the status or reply to this ticket online at: http://support.Groundspeak.com/Support/ind...;ticketid=38758

Please do let us know if we can assist you any further,

Groundspeak, Inc.

Hi Jamie,

Thank you for your email. I apologize for any frustrations. We are currently investigating similar issues with Pocket Queries. If you would, please post your issue to our forums. Our development team is keeping a close eye on the forums and the more feedback we can collect the better.

Thank you for your patience and cooperation.

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Eric

Groundspeak Inc

Ticket Details

===================

I replied asking them to keep the case open and asking them how the forums would resolve anythiing?? Advising them I was a so called Premium member and asked if I got a discount for not having a service, they really didn't like that I guess and got this back. They refuse to keep the case open How can it bve resolved?????????????????? :o

Hi Jamie,

I'm afraid this issue is beyond my abilities to resolve at this point. Your best bet is to keep an eye on the forums, as the development team is active there and does keep an eye on things throughout the day. Any updates will also be posted there as well.

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Eric

Groundspeak Inc

Ticket Details

===================

IF ANYONE OUT THERE HAS CONNECTIONS OR IS MONITORING THIS AS PROMISED PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE CHIME IN.

I ran several PQs this morning, and all of them came back correctly sorted by distance from the search origin, not sorted by GC waypoint ID (although I did get some GC-sorted PQs a week or so ago). Anyways, it's working for me! :(

Same deal here. They are all coming in by distance from origin. I do know that it didn't work like that last week as I tried mobipocket for the first time. I will also add that cachmate is MUCH MUCH better to deal with then mobipocket reader.

Well thanks for all the replies! :blink: Other then waiting for GC.com to fix the problem I have switched to using GSAK, and GPX Sonar to get my PQ's to work the way I want them to. Since switching to those programs I am once again able to get my GPSr and PocketPC loaded like it was in the past. :ph34r: Once again thanks to those who understood my problem and gave me help :) , unlike GC.com who still have not acknowledged the problems that have been posted by me and others like me. :unsure:

I do agree that we should get what we paid for, but I can not wait to go GeoCaching until they get their act together and fix a problem that me and others like me had. If it was not for me getting the info for 2.5 months before the change I would not have had questioned anything, but when you use something for that long and it changes without notice it can be a problem.

I know this may be hard to swallow for some, but just change to these two programs! One GSAK is very inexpensive, and GPX Sonar is free. I know it is hard to change, but why wait. I just want to go GeoCaching, I would think you would to.

One last thing, I really do not like people posting a switch to a program that they profit from. :P I did not use that one just for that reason. I feel that those people who profit personnally from their post should be BANNED from the forum. Or maybe they should at the very least personally email those people then post it as a fix on this forum. :blink:

Thanks again for all the help. :huh:

Edited by fo2gra4

fo2gra4:

Maybe you missed my question on Friday.. asking for the PQ that you are running so I can take a look and possibly figure out what the issue is.

I made some changes to the stored proc on Friday, and looks like it might have fixed the "unacknowledged" issue. Is it still acting up for you?

-Raine

fo2gra4:

Maybe you missed my question on Friday.. asking for the PQ that you are running so I can take a look and possibly figure out what the issue is.

I made some changes to the stored proc on Friday, and looks like it might have fixed the "unacknowledged" issue. Is it still acting up for you?

-Raine

Sorry I must have missed that post. :anicute: I will check it out and see if it is working again and let you know. :unsure: Thanks, I did not know anyone was listening that worked on the PQ's. :ph34r:

All the other posts stating no help and people saying buy my product is what I have been seeing.

fo2gra4:

-Raine

Thank you very much Raine, it is working again just like it always has (except for those couple of weeks). Don't know what the problem was, but you fixed it. You are a great man! :rolleyes::laughing::ph34r:

-fo2gra4