Is Microsoft Streets And Trips Compatible With Any Gps Units?

I have Microsoft Streets and Trips on my laptop... is there any way to put maps from it onto a GPS unit? That would be exceedingly nice so I wouldn't have to spend $100 for map software for my laptop and for a GPS. If not, that's ok, I'm just wondering if anyone has figured out how to do it, or if it's possible. Thanks!

I have Microsoft Streets and Trips on my laptop... is there any way to put maps from it onto a GPS unit? That would be exceedingly nice so I wouldn't have to spend $100 for map software for my laptop and for a GPS. If not, that's ok, I'm just wondering if anyone has figured out how to do it, or if it's possible. Thanks!

Unfortunately, not possible. All GPS's we're aware of accept only proprietary maps. You can use Pocket Streets on a PDA, linked to a GPS, but that's not the same.

That's interesting... I was reading reviews of the Magellan eXplorist 400 from Amazon.com, and it says this there... "The extras here I like are the optional SD card for adding more detailed maps and most of all the NMEA output so you can use it with Microsoft steet and trips or any other preferred software." Just curious.

That's interesting... I was reading reviews of the Magellan eXplorist 400 from Amazon.com, and it says this there... "The extras here I like are the optional SD card for adding more detailed maps and most of all the NMEA output so you can use it with Microsoft steet and trips or any other preferred software." Just curious.

Yes, you can connect the GPS to your computer, and track your location using programs like Streets & Trips, but you can't install Streets & Trips maps onto the GPS. That reviewer is saying the output signal from the GPS works with Streets & Trips. The comment about detailed maps will refer to Magellan maps only.