Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Gloom

Ham Radio Forums?

Are there any decent forums out there for discussing ham radio stuff? Most of the ones I've seen are either just a b*tch and moan fest, or nobody posts anything....

Thanks

W7MVG

The QRZ and eHam forums are like most Internet forums..... there are always a few who will just complain; that sort of stuff wears out its welcome in short order. Even the alternatives, such as Hamsexy.com, can be less than interesting at times. This seems to be the case with many other forums (covering various other topics and interests) as well. because any forum is basically limited to those topics for which they are intended (this is a good thing), there is always a chance that there will be slow periods in which nothing new shows up for a (seemingly) long time.

What I do is ignore the posts that are centered upon whining and/or are started by trolls. There are plenty of others out there to "debate" with the trolls, and I have better things to do. I am not referring to posts that state differing opinions, but those that are clearly just tying up space.

There is a great deal of good information to be found on QRZ and eHam; it occasionally just takes a bit of searching to find specific things.