High Resolution Coin Photos (dial up warning)

glennk721

Greets all. Besides Geocoin collecting, and caching once our Florida summer swelter lets up. Another hobby is photography.

If I have one of your coins from a trade or purchase please post up and I will take a high quality photo for you, host it and post it :D , Also I will be adding to any photos taken a watermark so they will not be used for unintended places such as auction sites.

If its your OWN Personal Geocoin and want a image without a watermark, you may contact me through my profile email for a additional untouched image, this ONLY applies to the creator of the coin and photo may be used as you please !! Please be advised if I see my images on a auction site (unauthorized) I will flag the auction for copyright violations. Also TB#'s will be edited out.

Will start the thread with Shop99er's coin without watermark, as my hopes are that it will never be a sold item. And as said above unauthorized use will not be tolerated !! Please abide to these guidlines when requesting a image. Hope to please many folks out there in our community, post up a request !! . Fondly Glenn

Shopperfront.jpg

shopperback.jpg

Edited by glennk721

This was not a request, I happened to be taking photos of this coin earlier this week for Derek (ozymandiasism). It was one of the more difficult coins I came across to photo, Was taken earlier this week without this thread in mind or much prep work , Enjoy, Glenn

For those I have personal coins from already will start to post them here for you and all else to enjoy don't be shy to ask about your coin if you know I have it !!

The Double Dragon Two-Tone

TTDDFRONT.jpg

DD2TONEBACK.jpg

The back of the coin was indeed a challenge due to its mirror finish. also its not rotated perfectly strait. :blink: was not planned for this thread just taken on a wim,,GK

Edited by glennk721

Email just sent! BEAUTIFUL hi-res pics Glenn!! WOW!!

Email answered will post the coins I have tomorrow, Glenn :blink:

Once you receive our GOOD coin I'd love shot of it. Photography is also a bit of a hobby of mine. I don't have an expensive camera I think it cost around 400, but it was a christmas gift last year. It takes GREAT pictures of the baby!

Once you receive our GOOD coin I'd love shot of it. Photography is also a bit of a hobby of mine. I don't have an expensive camera I think it cost around 400, but it was a christmas gift last year. It takes GREAT pictures of the baby!

My pleasure $400 is not a cheep camera :blink: Great for all around use, and have to have treasure those baby pic's !! Glenn

Great photos!

Coin photoraphy isn't trivial. I've spent many, many hours messing with reflectors and lights and different configurations before I found that the best results come from a soft box in line with the lens.

Sometimes you have to get a little creative though :blink:

SuncatcherPhotoRig.jpg

This was not a request, I happened to be taking photos of this coin earlier this week for Derek (ozymandiasism). It was one of the more difficult coins I came across to photo, Was taken earlier this week without this thread in mind or much prep work , Enjoy, Glenn

For those I have personal coins from already will start to post them here for you and all else to enjoy don't be shy to ask about your coin if you know I have it !!

The Double Dragon Two-Tone

TTDDFRONT.jpg

DD2TONEBACK.jpg

The back of the coin was indeed a challenge due to its mirror finish. also its not rotated perfectly strait. :blink: was not planned for this thread just taken on a wim,,GK

Great pics!!! Thank you Glenn!!!!!

Great photos!

Coin photoraphy isn't trivial. I've spent many, many hours messing with reflectors and lights and different configurations before I found that the best results come from a soft box in line with the lens.

Sometimes you have to get a little creative though :P

Chris, I did see that photo box when your email went out about the Suncatcher Coins, having you post here about my photos is flattering as you have some of the best images of your coiins to date, and have visited the photograpy section of your site. Thanks Chris.

Go JayBee Posted Today, 12:15 AM

I don't know if you have mine or not...."oldtimers desease" I guess.

If not, I'll have to send you 1 or more........

We have traded yes but not for your personal would love to trade again :blink:

Shop99er Posted Today, 02:51 AM

That's a great picture, Glenn, thanks.

Never fear, this coin is for trades, caches, and gifts only.

My pleasure Mark !!

@ Derek, you have the originals enjoy !!

GeoCrickets Posted Today, 05:02 AM

If you have any of the RCGDS coins please post photos.

Thank You

Ok I have not a clue what these coin are LOL,, So I guess I don't have them yet , perhaps just not understanding the (RCGDS) , Could someone please enlighten me??

Glenn

Edited by glennk721

Ok I have not a clue what these coin are LOL,, So I guess I don't have them yet , perhaps just not understanding the (RCGDS) , Could someone please enlighten me??

Glenn

River City something or another, I can't remember the whole thing either. It has a little green man on one side like in the geocaching logo.

Glenn

River City something or another, I can't remember the whole thing either. It has a little green man on one side like in the geocaching logo.

RCGDS = River City Geocaching and Dining Society. (Sacramento, CA geocaching group)

The coin is actually the RCGDS/NUTS coin, the back side of the coin has the NUTS logo.

NUTS = Northern Unusual Treasure Seekers (Oroville/Chico/Paradise/etc., CA geocaching group)

Although not credited for the art used on the coin, Tag of Oldhippy & Granny did the art for both logos.

:unsure: Glenn, are you going to have the images you take available online? I have written a program to keep track of ones geocoin collection and it uses images of the coins as well. If the images you have taken are available for others to use somewhere online, it would save me and users of my software from having to take our own photos. If these images are available from a website and you don't mind we collectors from using them, I would love to have the opportunity to download the photos, manipulate them to the size I need and use them in the program. Please let me know how this will work. By the way, the photos are very good! They are sharp, crisp with excellent light and background. Keep up the great work!

Glenn

RCGDS = River City Geocaching and Dining Society. (Sacramento, CA geocaching group)

The coin is actually the RCGDS/NUTS coin, the back side of the coin has the NUTS logo.

NUTS = Northern Unusual Treasure Seekers (Oroville/Chico/Paradise/etc., CA geocaching group)

Although not credited for the art used on the coin, Tag of Oldhippy & Granny did the art for both logos.

The RCGDS Breaking Down Wall Event also had a coin.

I do not think you have one of our coins.....:lol:

But I would love a really nice pic of ours....photography is not my strong spot.

Lets make a trade......-_-

That sounds great, :( My coin list needs major updating please "view all" , and send me a email of something that catches your eye I can let you know if I have doubles of it, I have many just have not taken time to update it :unsure: , Glenn

:) Glenn, are you going to have the images you take available online? I have written a program to keep track of ones geocoin collection and it uses images of the coins as well. If the images you have taken are available for others to use somewhere online, it would save me and users of my software from having to take our own photos. If these images are available from a website and you don't mind we collectors from using them, I would love to have the opportunity to download the photos, manipulate them to the size I need and use them in the program. Please let me know how this will work. By the way, the photos are very good! They are sharp, crisp with excellent light and background. Keep up the great work!

Greetings , Thanks for the complements I am truely flattered. First off once again its not work for me its a hobby and outlet of expression ! <_<

So far this thread has been dedicated to Personal Geocoins.

The only images that have been uploaded to my server (not website) are coins that include my watermark. I have emailed the coin owners a untouched photo, some by request , and to others just a gesture of kindness after receiving a trade, with the exception to the couple posted here with no watermark and trade coins I have yet to take photos of since I have just started to take images of my coins..

If you contact the owner of the coin and ask permission to use photos and they contact me granting permission at that point I could create a new index where you could download the files. I would still request placement of a watermark that must stay with the photo, but not covering the coin itself and not so bold as what is posted here type used could be discussed/determined.

The next coins would be other categories such as Country, Event, State, and Commercial coins. These I could provide images of to use if I have the coins in hand. .I have about 150+ coins at this point to be photographed :blink: and it will be a ongoing task.

All files could be held to a different directory on my server, could be password protected. Access could be granted to this area of my server by request.

In addition I have been approached by a few people wanting images of their coins for other personal usage, be it just to have a copy of. and or personal auctions and coin sales, and I have agreed to receive the coins and take photos and then mail them back,

Some folks have been very kind to offer me one or more of their coins as a gift that they would want a photo of and for me to add to my collection, I have been taken aback by the generosity of their offers.

I must make this perfectly clear in no way was this post intended for profiting or attaining coins ! It was purely a sincear offer to give back to the Geo-Community, and folks here at the Groundspeak Forum.

I will also be quite candid, my for most concern is that my images will end up being used for auctions of coins as I hope you can understand, this is why they have a watermark. The photos I take are very discernible then other photos available online and I will be watching auction sites to keep ownership of my photo's intact. I have no problem what so ever being used for coin collectors with a watermark not over the coin image.

If you would like to discuss this further you may contact me through my profile email. Thanks again. Glenn B)

Edited by glennk721

With that all said in post above :blink::)

Would love to trade for personals I do not have, as I'm converting my collection to personal coins from comercial,(still keepind one of everything, this darn bug <_< ) they mean much more to me to have a part of the person, a story behind a coin, Thanks again to all here that have expressed a liking of my photo's Most important of all to those that I have been fortunate enought to trade with !! I hope all enjoy my hobby, and photography.

Edited by glennk721

Had to post these pics here, a great trade with Indy Driver, wonderfull coins, not concerned with a watermark as they will never be sold with the exception of the Breast Cancer donated coin set. These are the same metals that will be auctioned.. Glenn

COINFUSION 2006 Indy Driver 4 metal set. <_<

coinfusionfront.jpg

coinfusionback.jpg

Info per Indy Driver about metal finishes:

Shiny Gold

Black Nickel

Antique Copper

Antique Silver

Glenn,

The pictures you took of my coins are UNBELIEVABLE!

Thank you SO much for taking the time and putting forth the effort - your camera, lighting, and talent are truly amazing!!

-Glen from Team Petey.

My pleasure Glen !

The epoxy dome was highly reflective, also did quickly before I left the house the day of your post, so was a rush photo :shocked: Enjoy, Glenn,

Edited by glennk721

Greets, Have many a coin to post will try to post one a day some may be used (limited) and some folks wish not., Here is MustangJoni's personal coin (THX for the trade), She does not mind if you folks use her coin image for trade/coin lists , I don't mind you using my photo for trade/coin lists, but no auction use is tolerated, Enjoy Glenn

MUSTANGFRONT.jpg

MUSTANGBACK.jpg