Cache Police

You have a wack job who thinks they are smart, and who probably is smart. Just not wise.

Is there a solution? Keep getting FTFs. Make them stay busy honoring their promise. They after all proposed a schedule that they are a slave to if they have any honor at all.

Altertatly they can archive all their caches and still remain FTF. Then whats wack job willie going to do? Steal the non existant caches?

Life has given them an opportunity to torture and torment another poor sole who has stood in line for the privildge of being abused. Why turn that away?

Well, AOL might have lost customers over the "dynamic dial-up address" but still 75% of their customers are using dial-up. Like teach2learn, I experience the same dynamic assignment messages when using my broadband.

As to the cache police/maggot and truth in numbers, I seriously doubt he has 4000 finds. He may have a handful of finds, but my guess is that most of those are the ones he stole. He is obviously not well educated, and probably young. You have to be awfully immature to be so selfish, and no one with any common sense would think that stealing caches would make geocachers in the community happy.

Of course I had to look this up now <_< AOL had an all-time high of 26.5 million subscribers in 2002. Now there are 18.6 million, a loss of almost 8 million. Personally, I dumped it in the last century (1999).

I don't know why this guy feels the need to get his panties all in a bunch becasue TDE gets a lot of FTF's. I have been at this for a year now and I have yet to do it. I have several hard core FTF chaser's in my area and I am not going to get up that early in the morning to try and beat them to it. If I'm getting up that early I'm going walleye fishing !!!!!!

He is probably some lonely old mis-understood man who makes himself feel important by playing "Cache Nazi".

Having the IP address is a big help. I run a much smaller forum and when I ban a user I check all the IP address he has ever posted from. Then I list them all in the banded IP address list. I have never had one come back as a sock puppet. It just makes it too inconvenient for them.

The IP I use is shared by thousands of my coworkers. If you ban me by IP, you also ban all of them. It's the same with (dial-up) ISP's, they have a bank of IPs that are assigned as users connect. You rarely (if ever) get the same IP twice in a row. The IP you ban will belong to someone else soon enough. Is it right to ban someone that has never logged on here just because they use the same ISP as a cache maggot?

Yes, but if I was getting threatening emails coming from an IP at your work, I would send a few emails to your network administrator, his boss, and the head of HR at your company. They would include the threatening emails, and the full headers. With that info, A: I'm sure your IT dept could determine who sent the email, B: They will most likely be willing to turn that info over to a police dept, and C: Chances are using work resources to threaten and harrass people will cost you your job.

Mission accomplished!

Edited by Mopar

Seems to me that cachepolice13 is probably a kid. That being said, even if he isn't, I hope he is reading this thread.

Why not make it your personal goal to make a cache that is difficult to find, one that is challenging to TDE. Put your brain out there and use it, make it a puzzling one, a well thought out one, something out of the ordinary, one that will give "your worse enemy" one to be challenged on being the FTF. Wouldn't that give you more satisfaction than doing harm to his caches that he placed in good faith that others would be decent enough to leave the way they were placed? Don't be hateful, don't be spiteful, be creative, and give everyone something fun and challenging to find. Give a challenge and you will win peoples respect.

I have great respect for all of you cache placers that have placed something out there for us all to find. Thanks to all of you.