A Change To The Hide And Seek Cache Page

wornout

I would like to see a change to the 'Hide and Seek a Cache Page'. What I would like to see is the section where one enters:

By keyword:

By Areacode (US Only):

By waypoint:

Or, Caches found by username:

Moved above the section where find a cache by State and Lat/Long are.

I usually only go to this page to log a cache. When I do, I have to scroll down each and every time I want to log a cache because I look up the cache by waypoint name. I have logged over 1000 caches so I have gone to this page a lot. I can count on one hand how many times I have used the upper part of this page such as looking up caches in other states or countries.

Am I the only one who feels it would make more sense to have the fields most used located higher up in the page to prevent paging down so much?

I would like to see a change to the 'Hide and Seek a Cache Page'. What I would like to see is the section where one enters:

By keyword:

By Areacode (US Only):

By waypoint:

Or, Caches found by username:

Moved above the section where find a cache by State and Lat/Long are.

I usually only go to this page to log a cache. When I do, I have to scroll down each and every time I want to log a cache because I look up the cache by waypoint name. I have logged over 1000 caches so I have gone to this page a lot. I can count on one hand how many times I have used the upper part of this page such as looking up caches in other states or countries.

Am I the only one who feels it would make more sense to have the fields most used located higher up in the page to prevent paging down so much?

I agree with you and even suggested the other day that those fields could be added to the "My Account" page.

dcb2dd07-b75b-4efc-ab60-2bf0698d1ad2.jpg

However, I don't have to use that page when I am logging my Finds. Do you use GSAK to organize your cache data? If you do, to log the cache, all you have to do is double-click the cache in your database and it opens the offline cache page with a link to the website. No more searching. :D

Gah - the My Account page is so cluttered right now, we don't need anything more on it!

If you want to look at your account, go to My Account.

If you want to search for a cache, go to Hide and Seek a Cache.

It's really simple, actually. :D

(Although I do agree that Hide/Seek page could be improved. For instance, the coordinate fields could be combined and smart enough to recognize the difference between decimal degrees and degree, decimal minutes, Area code and zip code could be merged into one field since one is 3 numbers long and the other 5)

Edited by alexrudd